Please post some pics of your finished builds using Zactomodels parts.

Extra points for close-ups of the ZactoParts!

Please provide links to in-progress threads or other galleries with the finished models if you've got em.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Im new here to the site, but have been active in posting at and building LargeScalePlanes.

As requested by Chris, I am posting my version of the Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker in Russian Pre-delivery livery, scheme 504, using Chris's intake trunks, pylons and missiles. ALL are amazingly molded, and exquisite in detail.

The only problem I had is I should have gotten them off the bat instead of messing the Trumpy's OOB intakes!

This is my version of the Russian test bed Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker as it existed prior to delivery to the PLAAF.

The Russians took this opportunity to use the airframe to test every system the plane has prior to delivery. It was painted only in Russian yellow primer with minimal markings, and stencils, much fewer than the normal Flanker might have had.

They used this thing to test every missile system, radar system and internal system including the canon over and over.

It was used on un-prepared, dirty, wet and/or icy runways, and hence the real thing got incredibly dirty and oily, with the Russians obviously not concerned about cleaning it, even prior to the Russian MAKS air-show in 2003.

There are some things I would have liked to do differently but I'm not worried about them at this point. I may have gone a bit bonkers with the pics but hey-ho, after 8 months build time, I'm using all the pics as reward/justification for all the work :lol: ………OR just skip to the end if you get bored! :lol:

Here is the almost 8 month WIP journey on LargeScalePlanes.com, for those interested -

Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Russian Pre-Delivery scheme 504 WIP

Here is the finished RFI on LSP.com with more pics as well -

Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker Pre-delivery scheme 504 RFI

Hope you like her, and thanks for stopping in on me. Thanks to Chris and his wonderful resin products too –

DSC03194.jpg

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03202.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03196.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

Thanks for looking in, and thanks to Chris for such great products!

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Beautiful models guys :thumbsup:

Love the Su-27UB Brian, great job. Oh, BTW, welcome aboard :woot.gif:

I was fortunate to be building my version of the Flanker at just about the time Chris was developing many of his aftermarket parts for it. I was the lucky beneficiary of those magnificent resin modifications which not only saved me a heap of scratch-building but also gave my model a much more accurate silhouette and the proportions of the full sized machine.

The build took a while to complete. It can be viewed (by those with patience and stamina) >>here<<

>>Here<< is a link to the Display case gallery.

I don't know whether I've ever taken photo's of the model that quite capture it fully but here are a couple of my favourites.

tn_Su-27002.jpg

tn_Su-27023.jpg

tn_Su-27022.jpg

tn_Su-27026.jpg

Brian,

WOW !! That is a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL Flanker...Great parts always enhances the work of many a modeler.

Terry

LOVELY models form you too..BRILLIANT work..

Karl

Your A-7 is simply SUPER-DUPER.

WELL DONE guys. :worship:

edit;I was typing as you were posting geedubelyer..I seem to recall the buld and it is LOVELY. :thumbsup:

Edited by HOLMES

Here is my MiG-29G Fulcrum-A with ZactoParts.

The MiG-29A Correction kit, Missile Pylons and the MiG-29 Wheels were used.

Canopy Corrected

Bild13.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Bild1-1.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Bild9-1.jpg

This Correction kit is awesome and highly recommended! Also the Missile Pylons and the Wheels

Thank you Chris and Alexander!

Keep up your fantastic work! :worship:

Cheers,

Stephan

Edited by mueste
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's another Su27 with Zactoman canopy, nose and intake corrections. Unfortunately no pylons and missile that were released just as I finished the model. They'll be on the next one

Su27_064_final.jpg

Su27_065_final.jpg

Su27_066_final.jpg

Su27_067_final.jpg

Su27_068_final.jpg

Su27_070_final.jpg

Su27_069_final.jpg

The progress thread can be found here

https://reddogsmodels.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/132-su-27-flanker/

Edited by Red Dog
  • 2 months later...

Wow, some great builds over here... and all thx to Zacto!

Brian, your Flanker looks awesome... will have to visit your build thread to see how you got the bare metal finish.

Guy, you're not supposed to post pics of the real thing here, dah. ;)

Here is a link to my Flanker build in progress. I'm using Zacto's intakes, nose, pylons as well as R-27ER and R-73 missiles. There is no way I would build this kit without these updates.

Marcel

• 3 months later...

Beautiful models guys :thumbsup:

Love the Su-27UB Brian, great job. Oh, BTW, welcome aboard :woot.gif:

I was fortunate to be building my version of the Flanker at just about the time Chris was developing many of his aftermarket parts for it. I was the lucky beneficiary of those magnificent resin modifications which not only saved me a heap of scratch-building but also gave my model a much more accurate silhouette and the proportions of the full sized machine.

The build took a while to complete. It can be viewed (by those with patience and stamina) >>here<<

>>Here<< is a link to the Display case gallery.

I don't know whether I've ever taken photo's of the model that quite capture it fully but here are a couple of my favourites.

tn_Su-27002.jpg

Really? I'll take your word for it that these photos are of you model. The model is fantastic but the photos are very convincing.

Edited by Zactoman
Removed some of the quoted duplicate photos
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Completed 1/32 Su-27 with Zacto intakes and pylons (missiles are covered in a previous post):

DSCN2648.jpg

Intake closer views:

DSCN2649.jpg

DSCN2573.jpg

Zacto wing pylons, missiles not yet attached:

DSCN2444.jpg

Engine mounted pylons:

DSCN2442.jpg

A "tunnel" pylon:

DSCN2391.jpg

And some more overall pics:

DSCN2634.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

I wouldn't have started this build without the Zacto parts.

Marcel

• 1 month later...

Hi I promised to share you some of my Photos using the Zacto parts on the Trump kit.

I used the intakes, nose and weapon racks.

still have a canopy and a nose set to build one U-27 flanker to build for my self.

the kit it self is very rough surface detail and needed to sand down the compleet model to get a finer panel line and rivets.

Here some photos

and a little build threat here.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=37834&hl=

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38435&hl=

DSC06944.jpg.

DSC06943.jpg

DSC06942.jpg

DSC06940.jpg

DSC06930.jpg

DSC06790.jpg

more on my Photobucket

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/Pfuf_Stuff/Flanker%20SU-30%20Trumpeter/

Have fun Johan bos

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

at the request of Chris, I show a few pictures of my Su 27.

I used the nose, the canopy, the intakes and ... the early tail. So I was able to achieve the 08 of the Ukrainian Air Force.

6463313831343631.jpg

3063376562623966.jpg

3766306637393735.jpg

6638336466333038.jpg

6535333432396532.jpg

Greetings from Germany

:wave:/>/>/>/>/>/> Dieter

Edited by Kellerassel
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I'm new in this forum. Let me introduce myself. I'm Jose Ignacio Hernandez, Nacho Hernandez for friends. I have just watched all the finished models...incredible, guys! I didn't know if I was going to post the photos, but emailed to Chris "Zactoman" and he convinced me to do it.

I have finished this beautiful plane some weeks ago. I have used some detail kits from Zactomodels: admission intakes, pylons, early tail stinger and the canopy resin kits, apart of some extra set from Aires, such as resin cockpit, exhaust nozzles and wheel wells. Great thanks again Chris for your superb high quality resin sets!

I have never posted before, so I'd thank your comments, they will be welcome!!

I tried to replicate the Flanker as appeared at Brno Airshow 2004. All the pylons attached, but no missiles, although I'm thinking in assembling and fitting them.

I post some few photos here, but you could visit my website if you want to see the whole step by step construction here:

http://www.indetailmodeling.com/aircrafts/sukhoi_sbsen/sukhoi_en.html

55.jpg

28.jpg

02.jpg

09.jpg

50.jpg

With missiles:

DSC_5334.jpg

DSC_5349.jpg

I hope all of you like it!

:thumbsup:

Cheers,