Thanks for posting Nacho and welcome to the ARC forum!!! Great build! :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing more of your models in the future!

I edited your post and fixed the IMG tags so that your pictures showed.

For those not familiar with posting pics on the forum, you need to have your pictures hosted on an outside website like Photobucket. When you post them you need to copy the address they provide and paste it into your reply/post without changing it at all.

The resulting address should look like this (without the spaces):

http:// i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/NACHO_HDEZ/DSC_5284.jpg [ /IMG]

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

here are some picture of my Flanker.

I used Zacto Nosecone.

Rom

I've seen that one for real at Hyères Model show (On the riviera in southern France) last week end 13 october. Excellent advertisement for zacto's products.

Great Job, I hope Rom has got a reward

Edited by Grizzly

I've seen that one for real at Hyères Model show (On the riviera in southern France) last week end 13 october. Excellent advertisement for zacto's products.

Great Job, I hope Rom has got a reward

Thanks Grizzly,

but no rewards for this one... :-(

Meanwhile, I was awarded for... a 1/72 Uboot and a 1/35 KVII... both Silver

Cheers

Romain

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/29/2013 at 4:56 AM, John Wolstenholme said:

Spent a lot of time doing mods to the Trumpeter kit. Final result would not have been possible without the Zacto nose, canopy and intake fixes. Just needed to dirty-up your nice white intake Chris.

02.jpg

Know this plane quite well, I was in VS-22 in CAG-3 on the Kennedy during Desert Shield and Storm.

Nice job!

Tracy

Edited by Zactoman
Removed all but one duplicate pic to save space. To see the rest check page 1: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/242167-the-zactogallery/&do=findComment&comment=2468231
On 12/20/2011 at 12:09 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Im new here to the site, but have been active in posting at and building LargeScalePlanes.

As requested by Chris, I am posting my version of the Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker in Russian Pre-delivery livery, scheme 504, using Chris's intake trunks, pylons and missiles. ALL are amazingly molded, and exquisite in detail.

The only problem I had is I should have gotten them off the bat instead of messing the Trumpy's OOB intakes!

This is my version of the Russian test bed Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker as it existed prior to delivery to the PLAAF.

The Russians took this opportunity to use the airframe to test every system the plane has prior to delivery. It was painted only in Russian yellow primer with minimal markings, and stencils, much fewer than the normal Flanker might have had.

They used this thing to test every missile system, radar system and internal system including the canon over and over.

It was used on un-prepared, dirty, wet and/or icy runways, and hence the real thing got incredibly dirty and oily, with the Russians obviously not concerned about cleaning it, even prior to the Russian MAKS air-show in 2003.

There are some things I would have liked to do differently but I'm not worried about them at this point. I may have gone a bit bonkers with the pics but hey-ho, after 8 months build time, I'm using all the pics as reward/justification for all the work :lol:/> ………OR just skip to the end if you get bored! :lol:/>

Here is the almost 8 month WIP journey on LargeScalePlanes.com, for those interested -

Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Russian Pre-Delivery scheme 504 WIP

Here is the finished RFI on LSP.com with more pics as well -

Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker Pre-delivery scheme 504 RFI

Hope you like her, and thanks for stopping in on me. Thanks to Chris and his wonderful resin products too –

DSC03194.jpg

Thanks for looking in, and thanks to Chris for such great products!

Cheers,

Brian

Would love to pick your brain on your engine finishes. Nice effect!

Tracy

Edited by Zactoman
Removed all but one duplicate pic to save space. To see the rest check page 1: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/242167-the-zactogallery/&do=findComment&comment=2305516
  • 9 months later...

Hi Chris,

Finally after a zillion years i finished my Trumpeter 1:32 Su27, My thread "another flanker 1:32" lost all of it's pictures due to Imageshack going commercial:(

I used probably all of your fantastic Zactomodel parts, so here are my final pictures.

16685712440_91d736dc69_c.jpg

16847239606_6453da448a_c.jpg

16871942002_7fcf7d975a_c.jpg

16685710070_3cb5a95d2a_c.jpg

16871940422_db396eeb0b_c.jpg

16250744934_788cc4a8d6_c.jpg

16250744134_0fd11888e8_c.jpg

16665796947_5978e4fa15_c.jpg

16872101741_f6658b5b59_c.jpg

16253096613_cbf66b5e69_c.jpg

More on:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=283213

Chears!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wBwenF.jpg

f7MK71.jpgNbCI3A.jpg

I could probably write a book on this model, I have well over 250 hours into it and am VERY HAPPY to finally have it completed. The cost alone of the kit with improvements was over $400 and the number of times I wanted to toss it in the trash is too many to count. I followed the builds of a number of masters on Aircraft Resource Center, but gave up wanting to super detail the landing gear and instead just finish the model.

This was by far my most difficult project. Re-scribing, re-riveting, and correcting other portions of the fuselage and wings took hours upon hours. The construction and detail painting of the cockpit was 25 hours of work. Properly fitting the Nosecone to the fuselage was the most difficult portion and I had to contact Chris “Zactoman” Wilson directly for advice and for encouragement to continue on.

Multiple Aftermarket sets used to complete an accurate looking Flanker including:

1.     Zactomodels – Nose correction , Canopy correction, Intake correction and wingtip pylon correction.

2.     Aires - Cockpit, Wheel Wells and Exhausts

3.     Linden Hill Decals -  Ukrainian Flankers. This Flanker (Blue 56) is depicted with splinter scheme from 2008. (Some Shattered on application)

4.     Akan Paints – Water based acrylics of actual colors. Unfortunately, these have very poor adhesion and caused many temper tantrums.

Gold Medal Winner at our local IPMS show.

Photo Credits to Eric Jay.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Image Credit
On 3/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I could probably write a book on this model, I have well over 250 hours into it and am VERY HAPPY to finally have it completed. The cost alone of the kit with improvements was over $400 and the number of times I wanted to toss it in the trash is too many to count. I followed the builds of a number of masters on Aircraft Resource Center, but gave up wanting to super detail the landing gear and instead just finish the model.

This was by far my most difficult project. Re-scribing, re-riveting, and correcting other portions of the fuselage and wings took hours upon hours. The construction and detail painting of the cockpit was 25 hours of work. Properly fitting the Nosecone to the fuselage was the most difficult portion and I had to contact Chris “Zactoman” Wilson directly for advice and for encouragement to continue on.

Multiple Aftermarket sets used to complete an accurate looking Flanker including:

1.     Zactomodels – Nose correction , Canopy correction, Intake correction and wingtip pylon correction.

2.     Aires - Cockpit, Wheel Wells and Exhausts

3.     Linden Hill Decals -  Ukrainian Flankers. This Flanker (Blue 56) is depicted with splinter scheme from 2008. (Some Shattered on application)

4.     Akan Paints – Water based acrylics of actual colors. Unfortunately, these have very poor adhesion and caused many temper tantrums.

Gold Medal Winner at our local IPMS show.

Photo Credits to Eric Jay.

WORD.

Edited by Zactoman
Removed duplicate pics to save space. To see the pics look at the post above this one.

Thanks again to those sharing their builds! :cheers:

Until the day comes when I have time to build something for myself, you guys are providing me my model building 'fix'.

Vicarious modeling... :boohoo:

On 3/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Re-scribing, re-riveting, and correcting other portions of the fuselage and wings took hours upon hours.

Very nice build and congrats on your Gold!

Any close-ups you can share? I'd love to see some of the additional correction work you mentioned.

12 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Thanks again to those sharing their builds! :cheers:

Until the day comes when I have time to build something for myself, you guys are providing me my model building 'fix'.

Vicarious modeling... :boohoo:

Very nice build and congrats on your Gold!

Any close-ups you can share? I'd love to see some of the additional correction work you mentioned.

I probably overstated some of that Chris. The movement of the stabilators to their correct position to enable the droop. Re-riveting and scribing portions of the fuselage and wings after sanding et.al. The nose work with your replacement probably would have gone better had I carefully watched the gap between the Aires cockpit and nose gear bay. That amplified the fit correction and it wasn't until I sent photos to you and your suggestions that the "light bulb" went on and I was able to make the correction. The Zacto nose and canopy corrections add so much to the kit, I honestly do not know how anyone with AMS could avoid using them on this kt. I wish I could have afforded the missiles and all of the pylons. The wingtip pylons are so much better than the kits, it is ridiculous. As I said, I am very happy the build is over with. Now...where the heck do I put this thing?

• 1 year later...

Trumpeter Su-27 1/32 finally finished...
I tried to build heavy weathered Arctic Flanker based above polar circle with units called “ Guardians of the North”.
I used Zacto intakes, nosecone, missiles and pylons.
Aires Cockpit, wheel wells and exhausts.
Armory resin wheels.
Front windshield is a scratch build as kit part was really bad in shape and I could not find Zacto update anymore...
Colors - MRP paint including silver primer, transparent paints and metalizers.
Tamiya panel liners and weathering Masters used

5855e50296644c32a7f94e7db1fd7f75.jpg

49835dcb381143acb7aeb8b50af68b97.jpg

3b9a3cd72b2403b906ded8757e6286a7.jpg

44b95edf52074b43c63e177ca6987cce.jpg

33b623c02e0f5605bf51b873064b70a3.jpg

4b90da4adaacf418938186cf919b8bca.jpg

8d59b3e092e7e5894a8ffe28e9ce8eaf.jpg

00c9ba83efd3f5407e68a397f233c4a2.jpg

0c346e4006075eb621fcb47ca733b4e6.jpg

f48e8f37510444ae7dd35602fa9d4427.jpg

277042d861852f2e77411a800e88202c.jpg