Panda 1/35 MRAP Instructions

Just got the new Panda 1/35 M-ATV MRAP and the instructions have absolutely no color information whatsoever. There aren't even color drawings indicating what the colors might be, other than the box art drawing. Also, the only specific decal placement instructions are for the dash and some other part. The last page shows a 4 view of the vehicle (in greyscale) on the "Decal and Color" page, and I guess you are supposed to figure out where the decals go from that, but it's hard to read some of the stencils on the small drawing, and there are no number keys relating the decals on the sheet to where they go on the drawing. Am I missing some supplemental sheet that should be in that kit that has the needed info? Anyone else got this kit? TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, I'm wrestling with this too. This airplane guy has bought his first target...er, armor...and I'm hurting for references. There are a bunch of good shots on Google images "M-ATV MRAP". I'm sure there will be more info coming, especially with the Kinetic kit of the same vehicle on-deck. But I want it now! :blink: ;)

Rick in Maine

I've got one, too- at half price!

There is no color info given. Racks- but no radios. Antenna bases- but no aerials, and no patterns or dimensions given for them.

There are some reviews- and apparently the kit has some problems, but it doesn't look like any kind of the dreaded Fatal Flaw to me!

Build article

Build article

A somewhat heated discussion about panel lines, etc.

Links courtesy of David Nickels by way of Hyperscale. It looks like resin tires are available- with a choice of two sets.

Sounds like we need some aftermarket gear for those radio racks.

Pro Art already makes a SINCGARS radio set that can be used for it.

218-1530.jpg

Voyager, DToys, ET Model, Pro Art, and Blast all make full Blue Force Tracker sets that will fit there as well.

DToys:

DT35-003A.jpg

Voyager:

PEA259.jpg

ET Model:

ETE35-078_11.jpg

Overall, the kit is not that bad if you ask me. So you have to add a couple things to it, big deal, that is modeling. I will be getting one.

Edited by HeavyArty

Sooo... Does the sincgars and asips radios quit working a couple of miles once you leave the gate, just like in the real thing? If not, they may need to be re-cast for accuracy....

Seriously though, I'm surprised they don't have the power amp for the "very high" (or whatever it's called setting... I forget) power strength included with the set. Oh, and the plugger is situated in the wrong spot for the "blue falcon" tracker - it should be between the computer monitor and the radio mount... Just saying.

As for decal placement and colors - it probably would've been a waste of time given that vehicle markings vary so much as often as units are changing hands with said equipment, so other than your actual "unit-veh#" stencil (which even that varies between vehicles and units these days), it's pretty much a "whatever" for the location. As for the actual color - o.d. Green interior and "desert" (whatever tan it really is, i don't paint them so i've never given it much thought) tan (FS colors, of course) are a pretty safe bet. There's no special paint jobs other than what the individual unit does in the way of stencils and handwriting... Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...