Video Frustrations

Is anyone here using a full featured, stable video editing program that actually works well with Youtube? I mean one where you import your video files from your camera, manipulate them a bit, and then directly upload them to Youtube without having to find a compatible third party file conversion application? I have been working all day with Kodak EZShare Media Impression, which is pretty easy to use except NOT easy to share. The application freezes every time I try to upload something. Next up was Adobe Premier Elements 4(old, I know), which is very versatile, except that the file format is NOT compatible with Youtube. As well as that, when I play back the video in Adobe to test it out, the quality is marginal. Supposedly, with Adobe, the answer is to import and convert via Windows Media Player, but when I try to do that, I get an "incompatible file format" alert. If I just try to use Windows Media Player, then every thing seems to work, except that I don't have the ability to insert an image and then apply text to it.

Some folks have it figured out as I see quality videos on Youtube all of the time. Anyone used Youtube's new video editing software? I am gonna try that next.

Really, it should not be this hard.

Edited by DutyCat

I may go with that. The only thing movie maker does not have that I want is a provision for putting in an image screen (like a photo slide), and then entering text on the slide. It is focused on video, not stills incorporated into video, at least so far as I have been able to figure out so far.

On the bright side I was able to get an adobe file loaded, but the default quality is flash, which is not good enough.

I'll keep hacking away at it.

Thanks for responding.

There is also a newer version of the Windows Movie Maker called the Windows Live Movie Maker with more features. Try that first.

Most third party movie editing programs I've used have problems with crashing. The one I like is Sony Vegas. It is full featured and stable and has a good interface. There are high end, totally professional versions, but you can get consumer versions for a low cost that do everything you want and more.

Well, I finally managed to do it using Windows Movie Maker. I also managed to do it with Adobe, but despite supposedly loading it up in high def, the video quality was not very good. The Windows result was much better.

Anyway, here is the result. My first internet video.

Airfix Boeing 737, Part 1

I will make a general announcement and hopefully get some subscribers and feedback. Thanks for your help.