First Internet video....

Ok, after a BUNCH of trial and error, (see "Video Frustrations" thread}, I have finally managed to upload my first build video on the new dutycatdotcom Youtube channel. The subject is nothing complex or new, but for those of you who enjoy watching build videos while a modeler talks about the kit and their techniques, click here:

Airfix 737, Part 1

Subscribe if you dare. I will keep future updates short (under 15 minutes), and I'll post updates on this particular build in the airliner section of the board.

Man, duty, the video is GREAT!!!! I started my first airliner a couple of months back but had to put it aside as I didn't know how to really deal with those punched out windows. I kept going back and forth as to whether I should just display the things open of whether I should fill them. In the end, I gave up. You have now given me reason to start back on it again.

Can I ask where do you get your Acryl Blue? I've always wanted to try this but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for posting these and please keep them coming!

Rob

Edited by TOPGUN

Very cool,

I'm in the middle of building the same kit. I ended up putting a strip of styrene on the inside and filled with acryl blue. Look forward to seeing part two of this series.

Yeah, that would work too.

Part 2 will be up soon. I am just learning this video stuff, and things are not always perfect. Thanks for watching. Consider subscribing to the channel, at least until this build is done so you won't miss anything.

Man, duty, the video is GREAT!!!! I started my first airliner a couple of months back but had to put it aside as I didn't know how to really deal with those punched out windows. I kept going back and forth as to whether I should just display the things open of whether I should fill them. In the end, I gave up. You have now given me reason to start back on it again.

Can I ask where do you get your Acryl Blue? I've always wanted to try this but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for posting these and please keep them coming!

Rob

Thanks for the love. I actually don't have the Acryl Blue. I was using the Acryl Green, along with some other stuff....experimenting a little. I understand you can't get the Blue anymore. They supposedly have a white which is the same formula without the dye. You'll have to do some research.... I am happy enough with plain old Squadron, and maybe the Tamiya White if I need a bit more open time to work a tight area.

Thanks for the love. I actually don't have the Acryl Blue. I was using the Acryl Green, along with some other stuff....experimenting a little. I understand you can't get the Blue anymore. They supposedly have a white which is the same formula without the dye. You'll have to do some research.... I am happy enough with plain old Squadron, and maybe the Tamiya White if I need a bit more open time to work a tight area.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. It figures, when I finally want to try something new, it's no longer available. :bandhead2: Oh well, I guess the case of Tamiya grey putty I have will have to do.

Looking forward to part dos.

Rob