Season's Greetings everyone!

That's my favortie time of the year, the exams are over, I'm home, it's cold and dark, so there's nothing to do but modelling!

It's been pretty hard to choose a kit for the GB, so many nice subjects, so little time.

I'll start with a Torrejon F-16C Block 30 which involves a Revell-Monogram F-16C Block 50-52, a a Superscale sheet (Thanks Pete)and an ACES II seat from Quickboost. The Revell F-16 family is well known among 1/72 modellers sincs it's basically the most detailed F-16 line avaible in the gentlemen scale.

Here is the Monogram Box art, which is almost the same as revell, just slightly better IMO.

f1620.jpg

I'd like to make one of the Boss bird from the 612nd or 613rd TFS which means either yellow or white tail banded bird from this picture.

tjplanes013.jpg

I'll have to make my decision before the painting stage since they wear slightly different schemes.

The kit is really well detailed and engineered, the only problem I've encountered so far is related to the joint between the two upper fuselage parts. Even though it's not supposed to be a problem to make it fit, I ran into troubles as I tried to glue them with CA glue. since I made several failed attempts, I kinda ruined the fit. I tried to fix it with milliput but I'll know only after the primer if it's a real boo-boo or if it's decent enough.

The rest of the building has gone straight forward so far and I've even add a little FOD cover to the intake in order to save painful masking and painting time.

Enough chitchat, it's time for pictures.

dsc0218xr.jpg

dsc0217y.jpg

dsc0220l.jpg

Thanks for reading,

More about it very soon.

Edited by cpoud117

Thanks UKPM, for the joint, I'd say test fit a lot, but when you decide to go for it, go all the way. If you glue partially, then unbound the pieces, then try again, you'll ruin the fit because of glue residue and platic alteration.

I made little progress due to an overdose of Christmas cake and turkey meat but I found time today to work on the Viper a little.

I tinted the canopy by spraying about five thin layers of Tamiya smoke plus a layer of Future applied with a Q-tip. I also prepared the loadout for paint.

f16ctorrejon2.jpg

Nothing very fancy I reckon but I hope I'll be able to spray primer tomorrow and move on with the painting stage.

• 1 month later...