Boeing 767-200 Conversion

Hi

i have been wanting to do a 767-200 for a while now i have finally got arround to it

i cut 21mm out from infront of the wing

and 23mm out from behind the wing

luckily at work i have a pipe cutter that i use for cutting Plastic PVC pipe which i used to cut the fuselage which gave me a nice straight cut BUT to support the fuselage as i cut it out a piece of 1" PVC pipe inside the fuselage and taped it together

this is as far as i have got

Boeing767-200-2.jpg

Boeing767-200-1.jpg

Boeing767-200-4.jpg

Boeing767-200-3.jpg

Boeing767-200-5.jpg

more to follow

Richard

got a bit further with the conversion in the last couple of days

Boeing767-200-7.jpg

i always like to test fit the fuselage sections before gluing

Boeing767-200-8.jpg

Rear section glued in just waiting for the nose ballast to dry before gluing up the front

Boeing767-200-6.jpg

Boeing767-200-9.jpg

Rear section filled needs rubbing down cut a little bit more than it says on the drawing out of the front and rear to allow me a gap to put filler in you can see the slight gap i have left in the fron when it has been glued

Boeing767-200-10.jpg

more to follow

Richard

Here's the $ 64K question:

What airline will this model be? Will it be a U.S. airline? What engines will you be using?

havent decided on livery yet i make my own decals i so far have the choice of 4

Air Canada old livery ( i am planning on doing the current Air canada livery to the -200)

AirCanada767-200oldlivery-1.jpg

UNITED new livery

UAL767-200.jpg

Continental

or UNITED 1980's livery

UAL767-200old.jpg

Continental767-200.jpg

as for the engines i do have a spare set of revell 767 engines which i can adapt and use if i need to

Richard

Rich

I was wondering what you were going to do with the tail to make this a 200, but I see in the last photo that you've fixed that. Very cool. I've always been too chicken to do this.

Devan

I used to cut the fuselages with a knife but that pipe cutter makes is a lot easier to cut the sections out cause you get a nice straight edge

Richard

Hey Rich -

Remember that both the original United and Air Canada both used Pratt & Whitney engines on their -200s' while Continental used the GE CF6 engines on theirs. The Zvezda -300 kit should come with the GE engines.

RichI was wondering what you were going to do with the tail to make this a 200, but I see in the last photo that you've fixed that. Very cool. I've always been too chicken to do this.Devan

Is the the tail of a -300 different from a -200? I don't see any changes in the last picture.

Anyway, nice job. The edges look really sharp of the separate pieces. Good luck with this project.

Ingmar

Is the the tail of a -300 different from a -200? I don't see any changes in the last picture.

Anyway, nice job. The edges look really sharp of the separate pieces. Good luck with this project.

Ingmar

As far as I know, the only difference in the tail of the -300 and -200 it that the -200 does not have the tail strike skid.

The only differences between the -200 and -300 are the fuselage length and the tail bumper fairing. Note that the straight (non-ER) -300 is actually a pretty rare bird. The majority of -300s have been -300ERs with the larger forward belly cargo door. The -200ER also has that feature. The Revell kit has the smaller door (same size as the aft door), thus making it a very rare bird in real life.

J

Thats looking good!

Any decision yet on what scheme you will be doing?

Sean

Not yet i havent decided im thinking maybe the New United then it will go with my United 767-300 and 767-400 in the same colours

Not yet i havent decided im thinking maybe the New United then it will go with my United 767-300 and 767-400 in the same colours

Rich,

Was your Zvezda kit warped when you opened it?

Edited by mrblujet

Good work so far. There is another option you can do that would make this a very unique looking 767..First Air has a Cargo version with some very interesting tail art.

here she is right after delivery:

004.jpg

010.jpg

and here is the tail art:

019.jpg

Sean

Interseting pictures, I remember working on that airplane when it was silver with red white and blue stripes down the side.

David