Time for the yearly "What did you get" Tread

My wife and son also got me a little RC helicopter. Kind of like the ones made by AirHogs, but according to my wife better quality. All I can say right now, is if you see me flying a helicopter, don't be a passenger. I am doing great, I can fly it all the way to the crash site. :whistle:

What is the brand?

Cool thing about helis?

1. Crashing is expected.

2. To date, I have never had a person ask if it is my kids toy.

3. Others into RC wish they had the nerve to fly one.

What is the brand?

Cool thing about helis?

1. Crashing is expected.

2. To date, I have never had a person ask if it is my kids toy.

3. Others into RC wish they had the nerve to fly one.

It is a Syma 107, little thing about 7" long. She also got me a bag of replacement parts. Now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm having a blast chasing the dog and cat around. :taunt:

Well, no kits for me this year, but I did get a signed "Snort" Snodgrass print of his famous carrier pass...which was incredible. I also got a few CF cards for my camera, a portable hard drive for photo storage, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360. But all the gifts were a distant second to spending time with the family :)

For me, after an(other) absolutely vile year, the best thing was that the 3 surviving crew including myself were all vaguely well enough to do the usual festive stuff with bells on.

Receipts included the new-ish HobbyBoss F-14B (awesome!), some classy knitwear and a Michell Gyro SE:

Start the Revolution!

This last thanks to a highly resourceful wife (serious thanks, Hon!)

Edited by ChippyWho

Well, no kits for me this year, but I did get a signed "Snort" Snodgrass print of his famous carrier pass...which was incredible. I also got a few CF cards for my camera, a portable hard drive for photo storage, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360. But all the gifts were a distant second to spending time with the family :)

Yep, you do need some more CF cards. :)

It is a Syma 107, little thing about 7" long. She also got me a bag of replacement parts. Now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm having a blast chasing the dog and cat around. :taunt:

Never owned one of them, tho I hear they are darn good for the price.

No plastic this year, but the stash is over 120 at this point so no complaints. However, the wife did get me a Dremel 300. Not sure how to use it but I intend to find out real quick. Came with 28 accessories / tool heads. If anyone has any tips or tricks (or accessories that are a "must have") then please let me know.

Jim

Nothing yet as well. But I did get $250 to spend on model stuff. Ordering stuff tomorrow.

And here's what I spent it on!!

1/48 Tamyia F-16C/N

Caracal Models 1/48 "Lone Star Gunfighters" 149th FW anniversary F-16 Decals

Reid Air Publications F-16 Guide (Air National Gaurd) and Modern Super Hornet Guide

1:48 Steel Beach Accessories F-14 Tomcat TF-30 FOD Covered Nozzles

1:48 Steel Beach Accessories F-14 Tomcat Fuselage Paint Mask Set

1:48 Eduard Mask - F-16C/N Block 30/32 Falcon

1:48 Aires Cockpit - F-16C/N Falcon Aggressor

Now the fun begins!!!

I got some gift cards from various relatives, I spent the Amazon one on two Duncan Curtis books, the F-86 and the Canadair Sabre in RAF Service. You may gather I have a soft spot for the Sabre; come to think of it,, that includes the T-6, B-25 and P-51/A-36/F-6, so make that "I have a soft spot for North American aircraft".

My Dad, who has an impressive stash of his own (at 68 years old!), gave me some cool old kits:

The re-released Revell/Renwal Atomic Cannon

An original Revell KC-135 "S-kit" in a mint box

An original Renwal N1ke Ajax missile in a mint box

A Revell Bomarc missile (History Makers series, sealed)

An original Revell PT-109

I'll build the Atomic Cannon, but probably not the others, as they're way too valuable. Even the 80s release of the Bomarc goes for over $70.

But my Dad has fun finding them and giving them to me...they're kits he built as a kid!

:cheers:

Mike

Edited by mlicari