CD48012 - US Navy C-2 Greyhound

Barring any last minute changes, this is the final layout for the first page of the C-2 sheet (the second page consists of red sunburst designs for the tails and the fuselage of the special scheme).

cd48012_draft01032012.jpg

Hey, I just realized.....I flew with all the COD`s from your sheet.

But when I flew with 162176 (21), that COD wears just usual Providers Markings and no sun )-:

And when I flew with 162144 and 162158, that COD`s wears just grey tails and just the Squadron batch on the Fuselage.

I flew out to the Bush in July 2011 with 162154 (43).

So I had a looooot of great memories with that birds! THANKS for that sheet!

Buth I think there is something missing on your sheet and I hope it is not too late.....

In 2011, the 162154 wears something special marked on the Tail (Special Thanks To Bear Aces) and an additional red horse on the dark blue ramp door!

Take a look

Kind Regards Kai

162154USSGeorgeBushJuly2011P1.jpg

162154USSGeorgeBushJuly2011P2.jpg

162154USSGeorgeBushJuly2011P3.jpg

Here you can see 162158 in 2005 approaching the CVN-71 TR (just a few days before she recived the colourfull markings on the Tail.

162158CVN-712005-3.jpg

Here you can see 162176 on Cat #2 onboard the CVN-76 RR (before she left that CVW and received an new home with CVW-5)

162176CVN-762008P1.jpg

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the photos. It's certainly not too late, receiving this kind of feedback is the whole point of posting the draft here before finalizing it. I added the markings to the sheet, I think they will be a nice touch.

Edited by KursadA

The product Web page is up, so there is no going back now. I will announce a release date next week and probably start accepting preorders a couple weeks after that.

http://www.caracalmodels.com/cd48012.html

Whooo Hooo preorders!! Great news since I missed out on the last stuff I really don't want to miss this sheet considering it is such a small print run.

Thanks again for doing this I for one really appreciate it.

Edited by skyhawk174

Just to clarify some questions I received about these decals and particularly the yellow "school bus" VRC-40 anniversary scheme: This will be a 2-sheet set, and the second sheet consists of the red "sunburst" markings for the tails of all aircraft and the fuselage of the VRC-40 anniversary bird. I'm still working on the final designs to ensure that the stripe decals are well-engineered and conform nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

YES!! Just ordered my two sheets :yahoo::woot.gif:

Can`t wait to hold that sheet in my hand.....

And great to see the little add. items for the Bush COD on that sheet!

MANY THANKS KURSAD!!!!!!

Btw....nice Trooper Avatar (-; STAR WARS RULES!!!!

Edited by Bones

YES!! Just ordered my two sheets :yahoo::woot.gif:

Can`t wait to hold that sheet in my hand.....

And great to see the little add. items for the Bush COD on that sheet!

MANY THANKS KURSAD!!!!!!

Btw....nice Trooper Avatar (-; STAR WARS RULES!!!!

Kai, thanks for your help in improving this sheet. I'm looking forward to receiving the shipment in a couple of weeks.

BTW, my current avatar is a Tebowing Stormtrooper...kind of a popular joke here in the US, just Google "Tebowing":

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

There's been tremendous interest in this sheet and I can't ship the orders fast enough! All preorders have gone out as of last night, and I have a bunch of new orders piled up. Thanks again.

For those of you who keep asking about a 1/72 scale version: I will absolutely scale this sheet down as soon as a mainstream injection-molded 1/72 C-2 kit is released.

Why wait for injection molded? RVHP sells a great resin conversion. I'd definitely buy a sheet in 1/72.

I'm sure you would, but this is a fairly large sheet with a complicated design that would need some tweaking to fit the RVHP conversion (which I don't have). I don't expect significant profits from my 1/72 sheets; many of them require little effort to re-scale and I am satisfied as long as they pay for themselves and get me some recognition/goodwill among 1/72 modelers. But for this much effort I will need to sell at least 40-50 immediately to make it worthwhile.

Hi !!!

here some pictures of my C-A Greyhound with Caracal Models decals, sorry but i have no use the decal for the red sun, because it's to difficult to use at perfection, i have painting the totality, look the result, splendid !!!!

05442q.jpg

05pbob.jpg

Mine arrived today, also with another sheet which I will build right away and do a review for.

Both look wonderful.

Bummer, my pre-order still hasn't arrived. But if they have arrived at the center of the universe they shouldn't be too far behind now.