CD48012 - US Navy C-2 Greyhound

After all the retailer/distributor orders were shipped and the dust has settled; I am down to fewer than 45 copies of this sheet. Too bad I will most likely run out after the first magazine review will be published..If you want one, now would be a good time to place your order.

Edited by KursadA

My pre-order arrived, awesome work.

Gary,

That's interesting that yours arrived. The USPS site is only showing mine as processed through the USPS Sort Facility in Austin, TX on Feb 27th. The Canada Post web site shows no results for the tracking number still. Cripes, I'm 180 miles closer to Texas than you are!

Tom

Gary,

That's interesting that yours arrived. The USPS site is only showing mine as processed through the USPS Sort Facility in Austin, TX on Feb 27th. The Canada Post web site shows no results for the tracking number still. Cripes, I'm 180 miles closer to Texas than you are!

Tom

Anything from USPS never shows tracking once it enters Canada. It only shows delivery confirmation.

I bet mine was shipped through Toronto then Edmonton. Yours is probably Toronto-Edmonton-Calgary. I bet it is in the mailbox today.

Anything from USPS never shows tracking once it enters Canada. It only shows delivery confirmation.

I bet mine was shipped through Toronto then Edmonton. Yours is probably Toronto-Edmonton-Calgary. I bet it is in the mailbox today.

Unbelievable Gary. Got home from work today and they were in the mail box. Hey. Any idea what the winning 649 numbers will be? Just thought I'd ask.

Tom

My Decals arrived a few days ago! These Decals are AWESOME and MANY THANKS for that Decal and MANY THANKS for your kind words in the instruction sheet.

@Top Gun: Your Greyhound looks great!!

But I would remove the second antenna! Because the Greyhound has only one and it goes to the inner side of the left outside vertical stabilizer.

Take a closer look at my images on page 1 and 2.

Kind Regards Kai

My sheet arrived last week so about the same time as Gary's. What a beautiful sheet. I had a little trouble taking it out of the package, it was so well packed :D

I guess I may have to move my Greyhound up the to build pile.

Once again, thanks for your interest in this sheet, everyone. I am glad I didn't go with my original plan of printing only a small number of sheets, otherwise I would have sold out of them within days. Many other exciting sheets are on the way, and it's safe to assume that I will have something for most new modern aircraft kits that will be released in the rest of the year.

Once again, thanks for your interest in this sheet, everyone. I am glad I didn't go with my original plan of printing only a small number of sheets, otherwise I would have sold out of them within days. Many other exciting sheets are on the way, and it's safe to assume that I will have something for most new modern aircraft kits that will be released in the rest of the year.

All Hail Kursad

Stephen :D

• 2 weeks later...

I now have less than a dozen sheets left. Hannants sold out its stock in a little more than two weeks, and then bought most of whatever I have left. They will have it in stock again within a couple of weeks.

I still can't believe how popular this sheet was. You can still get them from me or Sprue Brothers while there are still some available.

Edit: The sheet is now completely sold out.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am now down to the last 2 (two) C-2 Greyhound sheets. This sheet has already been reprinted once, and I don't think I will reprint it again.

This sheet has been an amazing success, and I am thankful for your interest. Check out the first page of the thread to see my timid first steps last year: I thought I would be lucky to sell 100 sheets, but the design exercise would be worth it. It turns out that I was only off by several hundred or so ;-)

As I promised earlier, I will announce a 1/72 version of this sheet within approximately 42 seconds of hearing the news about an injection molded C-2 kit from an established manufacturer. Let's hope it happens soon.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 months later...

Some updates: Upon carefully analyzing the kit decal sheet, I found some significant inaccuracies that required me to provide correct replacements on my C-2 decals. This meant that I needed more space, so I dropped the plans to provide older unit markings and concentrate on VRC-40 and VRC-30 Det 5. Once VRC-40 markings were provided, it is just a small incremental step to do the spectacularly colorful 50th anniversary scheme, so I decided to throw that in as well! Let me know what you think about the options:

cd48012_finaldraft12312011.jpg

The red colour on the tails of the aircraft that have yellow and red sun rays, what extactly is it called and what is the nearest paint for this colour. I ask as I am using the North Wing Models C-2 Greyhound conversion with a Hasegawa Hawkeye to do one of these schemes, and to be honest the decals are not fitting that well (it may be me at fault). So I might have to do a some touch up painting or a little more than that. I would be grateful for any help.

The red colour on the tails of the aircraft that have yellow and red sun rays, what extactly is it called and what is the nearest paint for this colour. I ask as I am using the North Wing Models C-2 Greyhound conversion with a Hasegawa Hawkeye to do one of these schemes, and to be honest the decals are not fitting that well (it may be me at fault). So I might have to do a some touch up painting or a little more than that. I would be grateful for any help.

I don't know anything about the decals in the North Wing conversion set, so I can't comment on the colors they used or what a suitable match could be. The actual color seems to be a bright red, most likely FS11302. This is what I used in my own decals.

I don't know anything about the decals in the North Wing conversion set, so I can't comment on the colors they used or what a suitable match could be. The actual color seems to be a bright red, most likely FS11302. This is what I used in my own decals.

Thanks for that even if I have to repaint the whole areas the Fs No will give me a start.