The Modern Eagle Guide

Is anyone still looking for a copy of The Modern Eagle Guide? I was just told that F-4DAble Models in Malaysia still has a few copies remaining in stock. Better hurry, though!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sadly, the Eagle Guide may be another year or two before it's reprinted. There doesn't seem to be a huge demand for a reprint, and there are other aircraft that need covered first.

im curious has to how much work a reprint implies? since the book is all done isint it just a resend to the printers and wait for the result?

im curious has to how much work a reprint implies? since the book is all done isint it just a resend to the printers and wait for the result?

A simple reprint implies what you've written, plus the wheelbarrow load of cash to pay for it.

However, when the 2nd Edition is released, it will not be a reprint of the 1st Edition. It'll be a much bigger, better book, with all new photos and more/better coverage of the export jets. I have it done and ready, but I don't know when it may be sent to the printers. As I've said, there just doesn't seem to be much of a demand for it. I appreciate the guys in this thread who have asked for it, but given the enormous costs of printing, I need to wait until I can expect to move a substantial number of copies before I can go through with it.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Jake - What about offering a digital/PDF version? could include a DVD version?

I get asked that from time to time, and I'm afraid the answer is no. I have a hard enough time keeping the pirated and other illegal copies at bay, and offering a digital version would only make it harder. Sorry.

Jake

A simple reprint implies what you've written, plus the wheelbarrow load of cash to pay for it.

However, when the 2nd Edition is released, it will not be a reprint of the 1st Edition. It'll be a much bigger, better book, with all new photos and more/better coverage of the export jets. I have it done and ready, but I don't know when it may be sent to the printers. As I've said, there just doesn't seem to be much of a demand for it. I appreciate the guys in this thread who have asked for it, but given the enormous costs of printing, I need to wait until I can expect to move a substantial number of copies before I can go through with it.

Jake

i'd buy it. ( a second edition )

i was able to get the last copy that F-4DAble Models in Malaysia had for the f-15.

it's an awesome book!

Edited by mat cabret

Jake, Will be interested in the Eagle book along with the Hog book. I missed both of those when they were out. I will have to wait for the next edition of the Eagle book before I start my 1/32 F-15C unless someone out there has a copy for sale. Jake keep up the good work on the books. Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jake,

My vote is for the Eagle second edition. I will step up for several copies!!!

Ha! What in the world do you need several copies for?? :)

Thanks, though!

I too am looking for a copy of the Eagle Guide. If it anything like either of the F-16 guides then I am sure it will be everything I need.

Given the popularity, is it worth starting a poll in this thread to gauge interest, and then possibly make a run to the printers?

Given the popularity, is it worth starting a poll in this thread to gauge interest, and then possibly make a run to the printers?

We did a poll a few months ago, and there really isn't that much interest, overall, in the Eagle's reprint. I'd love to do one, though, because I have so much new material to toss in there.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=246170

I for one think -everything- should be shoved aside for the USN/USMC Phantom book you tantalized us about awhile back, though the Eagle 2.0 book should be right on it's heels :sunrevolves:

Hornets? :monkeydance:

Seriously any product you put out is dang well received, 'good on ya' for all your hard work sir!