The Modern Eagle Guide

Hi Jake,

ONe thing I would really like is details of the IAF light gray's as they have updated them. Also, detail on the C/D FAST packs that USAF/IAF use with the two missile launch rails would be very helpful, to me any way. The Isradecal book is very good, but it still misses alot of the little details like these launchers. Word is that the IAF is now putting 229's into some of their C/D's after flying the I's with out CFT's. Any truth to this from your contacts?

• 6 months later...

I really would like to see a second edition. I've been gearing up for my Eagle build, including some new decals and a few small resin bits, and after a year of looking I couldn't find a copy of the Eagle Guide, not even a second hand one. I'm looking for alternative buys now, but I don't think anything out there comes close in terms of pictorial detail and accurate research.

I'm surprised that a poll showed low interest - perhaps it was too soon after it went out of print/stock?

A reprint now would unfortunately be too late for my current project though...

Cheers

Jeffrey

It will be done again for sure. I just don't know when exactly. I may be able to fit it in this year. We'll see.

The first edition sold out very quickly, and from what I can tell, those who have it don't want to part with it. I've only heard of a handful being sold second-hand.

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

Joined the forums today just so I could add my vote to having this reference as soon as possible. My Google image searches have greatly increased in skill without it, but I would much rather have the book! :D

I would be another who would purchase a couple copies as well.

• 2 months later...

Hi Jake,

Just a small request for when you get to putting the second addition together. Std and War reserve drop tank detail, and the C/D FAST packs, in particular the missile rails and any markings. Also, do you know if the Israelis use the older, std style engine bay cooling pop outs ( C/D 220 vents) when they take the CFT's off of the I's, or do they install the scoop vents as used on the 229 CFT's? No hurry with an answer, just thinking about this and thought I would post if for future reference for when the time comes. Keep up the good work!! Gary

Edited by ghatherly
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

it's coming. I don't know when, because I keep giving dates and missing them, but I will fit it into the queue as soon as I can. I have all the material I need. Lots of new stuff in the 2nd Edition.

jake

• 10 months later...

I have your great book. You did a super job on everything about this plane. I just wish there were some more 1/32 decals for the E model and if you did them they would be great as ever. Best wishes always to you and keep up the good work up. :rolleyes:

I have your great book. You did a super job on everything about this plane. I just wish there were some more 1/32 decals for the E model and if you did them they would be great as ever. Best wishes always to you and keep up the good work up. :rolleyes:/>/>

Ditto! Let me know if you need any TBolt Refs - I've got lots of pics from our 2011 deployment. I'm just sayin...

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Folks !

I'm looking for the modern eagle guide everywhere, but it's hard to find or unavailable overseas.

Do you know if there is a timetable in the future when it's available ?

Regards from Bitburg/Germany,

Patrick

• 5 weeks later...

With the new Great Wall F-15C, I am looking for one as well. I look forward to the second edition.

Just for your info Jake, I wasn't looking for one previously, so a new market has been created by GWH that adds to the existing demand of people looking.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...