Dragon 1/144 J-15 "Flying Shark"

Is this just a rebox of their undersized Flanker :bandhead2: ? I wasn't able to check the inside, box is sealed.

Because If it is a new tooling, I going to call that hobby shop and grab it tomorrow!!

Mr. Flankerman, I hope you read this.

Thanks,

Snicks

Edited by snickers

It appears to be nothing more than their old Su-27 kit with the recent Su-27M canard tooling. I'd avoid it. For a more accurate 1:144 Flanker you're better off finding the J-Wings Su-37 pre-paint and converting it.

Ouch! So still the same old SU-27.

That shop has the Dragon's 1/144 Stealth Blackhawk too, nearly grabbing it but realized there's no interior details! So it's a NO to me for a special/utility helo.

Thanks guys.

Edited by snickers

Their "stealth" Black Hawk is a conjectural design, anyway, since there exist no photos of the aircraft apart from those of the wreck's tail section.

And "Su" isn't a two-letter designation. It's short for "Sukhoi".

And "Su" isn't a two-letter designation. It's short for "Sukhoi".

...actually it is a designation :P based on whom started the OKB. Officially Sukhoi was OKB-51, but was referred to as Sukhoi after Pavel Sukhoi. cant remember when the specific order was given, around 1942,when the ANT-51 became the su-2

the now common designations based on the first two letters of the famous designers surnames were used (MiG being the exception)

so you have

sukhoi = су

yak = як

Ilusian = ил

beriev = бе

tupolev = ту

After Gurevich's death, the company became Mikoyan OKB, although the "MiG" designation was kept, in all probability due to its strong "brand"

Edited by Raymond

...actually it is a designation :P based on whom started the OKB.

Poor phrasing on my part. What I meant was that it isn't "SU" in the manner that we use a designation like "FB" for "FB-111", but taking the first two letters of the name "Sukhoi".

After Gurevich's death, the company became Mikoyan OKB, although the "MiG" designation was kept, in all probability due to its strong "brand"

True, but somebody in AFM a couple of years ago mentioned that the new "MIG" (not anymore "MiG") would stand for Moscow Industrial Group. Kinda' cheesy...

Sorry for the OT :wasntme:

Edited by niki4703

True, but somebody in AFM a couple of years ago mentioned that the new "MIG" (not anymore "MiG") would stand for Moscow Industrial Group. Kinda' cheesy...

Sorry for the OT :wasntme:

It has variously been called 'MiG', 'Mikoyan' and latterly, RSK MIG (which I thought stood for Russian Aircraft Corporation - Military Industrial Group)

Now merged with Sukhoi, Illyushin, Tupolev etc, it is part of UAC (United Aircraft Corporation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan

http://migavia.ru/

Ken

Snickers, I'm STILL trying to model it 'GEAR-UP'... Main gear covers giving me fits!!!

Matt

-sorry matt, late response. The SU-34 you are referring to? I haven't started mine. All of of my jets are in gear up posts. Thanks for the info matt.

-sorry matt, late response. The SU-34 you are referring to? I haven't started mine. All of of my jets are in gear up posts. Thanks for the info matt.

Trumpeter's SU-34 "Strike Flanker" I've filled in the "canyons" that they've made out of the panel lines. The problems I'm having, is with the main gear doors. Guess when I get back to doing this kit, (almost trashed it several times) I'll try a diffrent approach... If anything, I'll use the ord that came with it!

Matt

No. Because a "Mi-" shortcut was already used by the Mil OKB for their helicopters.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the Dragon kit...and I am pretty disappointed with it because it will take a bit of re-scribing work just to get the panels accurate. Oh and don't get me started on the rest...stabilizers, ugh. Nose cone, ugh. Engines, ugh. Even just comparing it to my JWings Su-27 there is SOOOO much wrong...