1932 Ford Vicky Gasser

This is my first completed build for 2011. I originally got this model from a friend of mine and it was beautiful. In November of 2010 my club was hosting just a show at our local hobby shop and I took this beautiful Vicky out for display.

32vickygasser.jpg

32vickygasser4.jpg

Well needless to say the poor Vicky was dropped and it blew apart, no big deal I thought to myself, I can rebuild it. The only problem was that the paint had been damaged beyond repair (I wish I had taken pictures of the damage), so I just stuck it in a box for a later time.

Fast forward a few months and I find myself in a slump, so I dug the old girl out of her box and started the rebuild. I stripped her down to bare plastic and started over. With this build I wanted a real late 50's early 60's vibe, right when hot rods were coming of the street and hitting the strip. I wanted to keep the build simple and go the same direction that the original builder did, but the front axle had broke under it's own weight 3 days before a show, a friend of mine came to the rescue with a new front Axle.

Parts Break Down:

Rear Wheels and tires: AMT Double T

Engine and front wheels: Original Issue AMT 32 Ford Vicky

Blower and Blower Drive Cover: Original Issue AMT 40 Ford

Blower Hat and front Tires: my parts box

Paint is Scale Finishes 1955 Regal Turquoise

Being a race car I wanted to add a roll cage to it, I scratch built mine out of plastistruct tubing using the AMT 33 Willys as a pattern and turned it from a 2 point into a 3 point roll bar.

DSCF6053.jpg

Turning towards the engine I noticed it looked a little "blah" so I decided to wire it up with a MAD prewired magneto and run fuel lines to the fuel injectors made out of 40 pound test Cajun Line.

DSCF6065.jpg

This build went through a few changes in between contests, at its first contest it took third place Competition Automobiles Straight Line, at the time I hadn't washed the engine or done the panel lines.

DSCF6074.jpg

With some time in between contests I decided to go ahead and do the panel lines and give the engine a quick oil wash, the result was well worth it in my opinion, at its last contest it took first place Automobiles Closed Wheel Competition Domestic.

2011Kick-off-classic029.jpg

And here are just some good looking pictures of it.

2011Kick-off-classic010.jpg

2011Kick-off-classic011.jpg

cropedvicky.jpg

At her last contest in April she came in second place Closed Wheel Competition Domestic....losing to a Nascar that had so many mold seams it makes me go hmmm, but oh well.

All in all this was a fun rebuild and it took me out of my slump and actually threw me into the IPMS contest arena. I learned a lot from this old girl, sadly, it was destroyed when a car ran through the front door of the hobby shop and destroyed the display case it and a couple other of my builds were in.

Criticism is welcome good or bad.

Thanks for looking

Donnie

Edited by Skirts

.... Donnie,

Hello and :post1::smiley-computer012:

Nice to have you here..Having read thru your exploits with this

BEAUTIFUL Vicky , It is just am AMAZING job you have done on it after the damage. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

SHE LOOKS IMPRESSIVE now and Congratulations s on the 3rd place and then how AWESOME to have your GORGEOUS build

win the FIRST place.. :smiley-whacky084:

Donnie, she is STUNNING, SUPERB looking Ford Vicky Gasser..LOVE the color too.and the engine that is exposed is JUST OUTSTANDING. :punk::punk:

YOU did A BRILLIANT job of it.Please post more of your builds.. :clap2::clap2:

HAPPY NEW YEAR ...