Roden Gladiator Mk II

F.19 was the Swedish Volunteer Squadron which provided air defence to northern Finland during the Winter War of 1940. While their aircraft wore standard Ilmavoimat markings & camouflage during their service they overpainted the Finnish markings with some unique replacements immediately prior to their withdrawal at the end of the Winter War. One of those was a skull & crossbones. These markings were only briefly worn as far as I'm aware, but are rather entertaining. I'll be building a Ski-equipped J.8 with the skull & crossbones markings from the Roden kit.

6577450015_79ff5a7eeb_z.jpg

Roden Gladiator Mk II 1/48 by mawz_models, on Flickr

WOW :woot.gif: , As a Swede I can only commend you on an excellent choice for this GB.

I have the very same kit in my stash, but I've not yet built it.

I'm going to follow this with great interest.

Good luck with your build.

/Bosse

Looking forward to this one!

I have the new Revell 1/72 Ju 88A-4 and I'm tempted to build it in Finnish markings.

I'm planning on doing exactly that when I get my mitts on one. I've got a bit of a thing for Ilmavoimat aircraft, from being partially of Finnish descent.

I'm planning on doing exactly that when I get my mitts on one. I've got a bit of a thing for Ilmavoimat aircraft, from being partially of Finnish descent.

I like Finnish stuff as well, but there isn't any Finnish in me. I picked up the Techmod decals for the Finnish Ju 88A-4 on eBay. I have a Hobby Boss 1/35 Leopard 2A4 that I'm going to build as an inaccurate Finnish 2A4 without all the Finnish mods. :D

As I haven't actually got started on this kit, I've decided to withdraw it (it will instead be built for the Ghost GB) and instead I'll build a MS406 of the Ilmavoimat based on the Hobby Boss kit.