Last of 2011...F/A-18F Hasegawa 1/48 VFA-103

Nice looking bird! I admire your courage to build 10 pieces of AMRAAMs

Thanks guys,

Those AMRAAMs freaked me out once I started on them...waited until the last minute. I probably never going to do so many all together again...

COOL! You should name this piece the "Jolly 12 Fingers of Death".

That's a great name....if I get it on a plaque or a carrier deck I really should name it that...

Looks fantastic! Where did you get the LAUs for the AMRAAMs? I want to do something similar with one of my Rhinos.

Cheers,

SCAB

I purchased 2 Hasegawa Weapons Set E, however there are plenty in one kit alone. The Weapons kit comes with 8, and the other two came with the Hasegawa F/A-18F kit itself, giving me the total of 10 I needed for the pylons. I bought two weapons sets because there were on sale and I figured I "may" want to do this again sometime, simply because it looks cool and dangerous, even if it's never really been done (close, but not a full on 10 AIM-120Cs)... Thanks. FYI, the kit pieces are actually nicer looking than the Weapons sets versions but can be fixed a bit with some very little scribing.

I 'fear those bones'. I like it. My son will love it. Will push him to finish his.

Andrew

Hope he finishes his, and let's see it.

I like seeing all those missiles on it! :thumbsup:

Thanks again...me too! But I'll tell ya, tackling 10 AMRAAMs and 2 AIM-9x was no small feat. It was daunting, and I took a long time cleaning them, sanding, scribing and deepening rivets, painting, masking, post shading, decals, and weathering/oil wash.....I swear those took me a good two weeks alone, but each step got me closer to being excited. The key is...patience (and I'm not a patient man LOL), but patience does pay off.

Edited by RAIN

How in the name of all that is repugnant did I miss this. This is Ssssssswwwwwwwwweeeeeet....if ya gonna go a huntin bear...go loaded for it, and ya got room for one more :D .

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again. I'm humbled by your compliments. I really wanted it to be armed up and deadly but I know how many people only like what is more likely. So I'm thrilled so many of you are cool with this. Thanks.