RAF Harrier GR.7 "Snow Falcon"

Five solid hours of masking:

gr714mask.jpg

That amount of poster tack at least tripled the weight of the model. It was really tricky because I don't have good pictures from lots of angles, and I found the various kit/decal instructions for larger scales not to be very accurate. I had to guess in a few places.

Painting will happen soon, but I will be doing many light coats of white so it still take a while.

It's going to take a little longer - I'm getting some paint cracking on the bottom where the white goes over the glossy Gunze Sangyo paint. I'll try some light sanding and repainting, but there's a crazy amount of detail there and it won't be easy.

It's going to take a little longer - I'm getting some paint cracking on the bottom where the white goes over the glossy Gunze Sangyo paint. I'll try some light sanding and repainting, but there's a crazy amount of detail there and it won't be easy.

Bummer I love the painting step when it goes right, but when it goes wrong that is a real mood killer.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took off the mask and it looks like I have some places I need to touch up. I guess the extended time I kept the poster tack on the craft allowed some of it to lift a little. I'll invert the poster tack and paint the top grey color on the trouble areas. The paint looks nice except in the places it was cracking on the bottom which are now a little thick.

gr715white.jpg

--

The main painting of the Marine Harrier is done. I made the rudder white so I could put on a colored decal printed on an inkjet.

av8b3paint.jpg

Spejic,

I have been following this thread and have enjoyed your work so far as it is coming along just beautifully.

I am waiting with baited breath now for the end as this is turning out to be quite an impressive looking Snow Falcon....

WOW !!!

:jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping:

Those are coming along nicely. What brand of poster tack do you use? I ran out of my good stuff (no idea what brand it was).

I use HandiTAK, which is made by the company that makes Super Glue. I never had problems with it before, and this did stay on the model for about a month so I assume any problems this time were on my end.

Here in Australia the popular brand of poster tack is made by Bostik called Blu-Tack

This past week I masked for a Camouflage AC-119K Stinger Gunship

001-59.jpg

002-43.jpg

0012-15.jpg

I realize it's not alway's easy to find the time to finish painting a project soon after you start , I think my poster tack was on for about a week

0015-2.jpg

It's the canopy masks that I have issue's with all the time ; I alway's seem to end up with masking tape residue in the clear parts by the time I get to removing the tamiya tape . It's a real let down after all the work I put in on the camouflage masking and painting . I just hope the Stinger and B-57G come out okay !

John