Thanks for the compliments, guys. I know some of the people I've seen on this board could do even better (I'm talking to you, Chuck) but I'm pleased with how it's turning out. I did note the engine hoses and ducts as they are sit in my photos are about 1/4 to 3/8 inch too far forward when I attached them to the intake ducts for the photos. I've since split the engine bodies off the engine face/CSD part and put in a spacer that ought to bring them closer to where they should be. I don't know if the error is from the original Hasegawa J79 part I copied, or if the intake duct is a bit too short. I tend to think the Hasegawa part is not quite correct, that maybe their (poor) representation of the fuel controller that I used for a reference point for my hoses is too far forward. I have to work overtime tomorrow but Sunday should be a good modeling day, hope to have some more progress for you then.

In the meantime I've decided to start working on my instrument rating soon. I'll be spending a lot of time studying as well as taking flying lessons, so I think this model is REALLY going to take me a long time. I'll squeeze in work on it when I can.

Scott W.