Good morning folks,

In looking at this GB, I must say, the work here is nothing short of incredible. The scale representations of one of the most iconic aircraft to ever fly certainly do this flying legend justice.

Once this GB comes to a close, and the raffle prizes I have are sent out, I will be packing up the work bench and moving on. Due to personal reasons, and the challenges that I'll be facing for the next while, there is just no place, time, or opportunity to build anymore. Such is life.

In that though, I wanted to pass on my sincerest thanks to you all. It has been a blast. As much as I enjoyed building up LMM, I enjoyed watching all of your builds much, much more. This forum certainly has a countless number of fine, fine folks who are as much model builders as you are gentlemen. Combined together, the wealth of knowledge, skill, and advice is an incredible tool to anyone looking to build anything.

Thank you for the good times, and I wish you all the best. Good luck in the new year,

Mark.

Seen some fine people leave these boards recently. I feel for you and hope that things can come back around and you will join us once again. You did a hell of a job with the GB and your work on LMM is nothing short of fantastic. I aspire to be 50% of what you are with that model. Don't leave us without finishing her up!

Always keep in touch as well.

And only now I read this...I am very sorry to read this Mark and I can only hope and wish you all the best of luck you can get. Hopefully you get back to the bench when things settle down.

Thank you for allowing me to make, and even finish the Shamrock Special.

Wishing you nothing but good,

Rick.

Hi Mark,

Though it's pity to hear you are out of the business. You are one of the most talented fellow modelers and I hope you will find time one day to put your skillful hands on some other build.

Well, whereever you go, whatever you are to face, I wish you good hope and may good luck always be with you.

Happy New Year and happy new life!

Cheers!

Alexander

:salute:

Mark,

I am sorry to hear that you wll be gone for a while and I will miss you.

I have always enjoyed your presence and your work here on ARC, and I hope that you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and

that what ever that you do from now on, it brings you Luck and Joy in all that you do.

I wish you well and may you have a Prosperous New Year Mark.

Keep well and Enjoy your new Beginnings...One door closes and a New one opens..

BEST WISHES :salute:

HOLMESY

Thank you, Mark for your inspiration and ability's showing us a window into your modeling talent.

I have been inspired to stretch my small efforts, by techniques offered by you on your many projects.

Like the others, I realize the outside world makes its demands, and those must be met.

So I'll say, not a goodbye but a "see you later". My best wishes for you as you move on.

0f7d3d94-1.jpg

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how good you made them feel.

Take care of yourself Mark. Hope things get turned around for you.

One thing I gotta ask, after tommorrow, what happens to all the threads here? Lots of good refference material in here, I'd hate to lose it all. Plus, how would I get my wip thread moved into the props section or in-progress?

Edited by B-17 guy

Take care of yourself Mark. Hope things get turned around for you.

One thing I gotta ask, after tommorrow, what happens to all the threads here? Lots of good refference material in here, I'd hate to lose it all. Plus, how would I get my wip thread moved into the props section or in-progress?

The GB will be moved to the completed GBs section so that shouldn't erase any threads or info. As per moving it you could always ask SBarc or just keep going in the one you have.

Mark, we will miss you. It has been great communicating with you and I hope to hear from you more in the future. Your work on LMM has been fantastic and I trust you WILL finish it one day. Thank you for inspiring this build.

To everyone that finished, many congratulations! There has been some truly superb work here and some great reference material contributed by many folks.

It is great to know there are so many B-17 fans out there. Keep in touch.

Take care Mark. And I wish you all the best for the future. And thank you for a brilliant GB.

I'm sorry I didn't get my second entry done in time. But I found it hard getting the Revell kit in my local Model store. But today I finally got one albeit late for this GB.