Revell/Hase F-86F RNoAF 52-5202 "Tøffe Tom" 338 sqn. Ørland,

No! My bad... The decals are from the norwegian company "Vingtor decals"

Thanx for the comment!!

FO

Ok! I thought maybe Revell updated the decals in their re-boxing.

I have the Academy kit in my stash, with the same Vingtor decals. You did the decals great justice! No silvering that I can see... Very nice. Do you have a good reference of the full-size?

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:

Hey Jorgen!

How is the Academy kit? does it contain the long 6-3 wing? Finding good references of the RNoAF Sabres is quite hard. So all I had while working on it was the profile on the decal instruction sheet and a few pictures of the Sabres on the museum on Gardermoen and in Bodø. In the end, just before I finished i got one picture of a Ørland-bird, it was helpfull to show if panel-lines were prominently showing on the lightning flash! This picture were published on the IPMS Norway forum page. Are you a member there?

FO

I really should be a member of the IPMS chapter...but I'm not. Maybe I should do something about that i 2012 ;-)

The Academy kit is very nice! However, it has the early wing without slats. I haven't thought about that. Were all RNoAF Sabres fitted with slatted wings?

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

I really should be a member of the IPMS chapter...but I'm not. Maybe I should do something about that i 2012 ;-)

The Academy kit is very nice! However, it has the early wing without slats. I haven't thought about that. Were all RNoAF Sabres fitted with slatted wings?

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

Generally after 1959-60 they all were....

FO

Thanx for the compliment!

I used Tamiya TS-30 for the silver color, and GW Fortress Grey for the grey on the wings. The black on the tail is cheap black from the convinient store and in the pit I have used a mix of Vallejo, Tamiya and GW...

FO

• 3 weeks later...

So Finn-Ove,

Hello. nice to see you back here...

hope you are feeling a little better now.. :punk:

I see that you have been squirreling away at the AWESOME project..

STUNNING , GORGEOUS Sabre, one of MY favorites..

The finish is EXCELLENT.... :smiley-whacky084:

HOLMESY... :thumbsup2: