My project is conversion of Trumpeter 1:72 J-11B into Su-27S. I've decided to build a machine based at Kilp-Yavr Air Base.

link to google maps: http://g.co/maps/4vts5

I managed to count 38 Flankers at that base and it's famous since the first two encounters with the West (Norwegian F-16s in first and Norwegian P-3 mishap in second) were made with Flankers from this base.

And with coordinates N69.1E32.4 it lies well within Arctic circle.

Here's the progress so far

01s.jpg

The shape of the IP coaming is different then with Su-27 - this is probably due to the fact J-11B looks different with large LCD MFDs on the IP.

02s.jpg

as we can see, Eduard's IP is a bit wider then Trumpeter's, which will require some plastic surgery to fit in the narrower body. You can see the correct contours of the IP coaming here.

03s.jpg

some plastic surgery, aluminium kitchen foil and plasticard later, the shapes of the coaming are corrected and the IP fitted.

04s.jpg

alu foil will serve as canvas cover and should look the part when painted. Other little detail will be added later in the build.

Edited by Sebastijan

Unfortunately I've given up on the select markings as it features an early type Su-27 stinger which would require a really major plastic surgery to recreate. However I will try to acquire some arctic Su-27 decals, so the build stays on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...