Trumpeter catalogue news 2012-2013

Truly boring selection imho. Other than flankers, i can't see myself buying anything else. Well, Be-6 maybe, and if that MiG-19 ever comes out. Same with HB, only Yasen (submarine) is interesting for me personally.

I'm thinking the opposite direction: if it were 1:144 I would buy it in a heartbeat, as that is my standard scale for larger aircraft and other subjects. Mind you, Bismarck would be one of the biggest things I'd build in 1:144. It would also compliment Lindberg's announced USS Arizona.

I would not believe half of those. I have seen them place things in their catalog before which have never materialized. Trumpeter is like that all the time. I have pre-ordered kits that I have waited over a year for and they never came out.

Same with HB, only Yasen (submarine) is interesting for me personally.

Well, I'd add also the 1/48 Su-27 to the list, I'm rather curious how that one will turn out. Their 1/35 list is disappointing, it's just a long list of some modern Chinese subjects (personally, very unappealing), but I guess they might be a big hit in their home country.

Boring....I'm still hoping for a 1/48 or 1/32 scale MiG-31B/BM and a Su-34

Or a MiG-25PD (and a MiG-29A/B/C for that matter).. Don't know what happened to the annnounced MiG-27s, though. Hopefully, they are are just delayed. I need the K for my Cold War collection.

Edited by ijozic

Guys, Don't hold your breath while you wait. Life is too short to rely on Trumpeter for ANYTHING. They figure that their civilization has been around for thousands of years and ours only for a couple of hundreds, and that they can out-wait us. They figure that in another year or two they can double the price.

My "other" self in a "Parallel Universe" is building the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale A4-N Skyhawk and having a great time doing a version that's never been done in this scale before. I am thanking the Chinese for being so intuitive. On my other self's workbench is the MiG-23BN/ Mig-27 waiting to be started. I am sooooo very happy in the other universe because it all makes so much sense over there. Too bad that in "my universe" the logic that dictates production of new model subjects is very much like the "Bizarro" world.

Happy New Year to All my modeling compatriots world-wide !!

Ed Okun

Guys, Don't hold your breath while you wait. Life is too short to rely on Trumpeter for ANYTHING. They figure that their civilization has been around for thousands of years and ours only for a couple of hundreds, and that they can out-wait us. They figure that in another year or two they can double the price.

You're welcome to wait for someone else. Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for the release of more 1:72 (and 1:144) Flanker family members.

Well, I'd add also the 1/48 Su-27 to the list, I'm rather curious how that one will turn out.

Indeed. I was more thinking about the new stuff that wasn't announced before now. Still, enough stuff to build. ;)

Well, I'd add also the 1/48 Su-27 to the list, I'm rather curious how that one will turn out. Their 1/35 list is disappointing, it's just a long list of some modern Chinese subjects (personally, very unappealing), but I guess they might be a big hit in their home country.

Or a MiG-25PD (and a MiG-29A/B/C for that matter).. Don't know what happened to the annnounced MiG-27s, though. Hopefully, they are are just delayed. I need the K for my Cold War collection.

Most likely they will copy all of the mistakes of the Academy kit, or make it worse yet, and they will charge the price of Eduard. The MiG-27s? the same thing that happened to all of the other kits they promise and hardly ever deliver.

Edited by Otto

Most likely they will copy all of the mistakes of the Academy kit, or make it worse yet, and they will charge the price of Eduard.

Academy has copied other manufacturers' kits in the past, but where has Trumpeter done so?

Since we are all wishing on the Trumpeter star or Santa.....

I want, in this order:

1/32nd Sukhoi-7

1/32nd Mirage IIIC

1/32nd (re-tooled) MiG-17

1/32nd Saab JAS 39 gripen (2 seater first please)

1/32nd F-16D

1/32nd MiG-29A

1/32nd Super Mystere (or dare I ask for a Vautour??!!) Never happen but I'm wishing so it can't hurt.

1/32nd Ilyushin-28

1/32nd Fiat CR-32

There are others, but can't think of them all right, now I'm so excited !!

Dear Trumpeter,

If you make any of these models I promise to be a very good boy this coming year.....

Thanks so much.

ED

Edited by frogman13

Academy has copied other manufacturers' kits in the past, but where has Trumpeter done so?

I think Chris from Zactomodels can tell you where and from whom Trumpeter has copied.

Jake

where has Trumpeter done so?

Mini Hobby Model was Trumpeter right ? if so, the F-5E is Italeri-based and I believe that the 1/48 Mi-24 is Monogram-based. The Il-28 is heavily inspired on the Bilek/Italeri kit I believe.

Mini Hobby Model was Trumpeter right ? if so, the F-5E is Italeri-based and I believe that the 1/48 Mi-24 is Monogram-based. The Il-28 is heavily inspired on the Bilek/Italeri kit I believe.

I'd forgotten about Mini Hobby, and isn't Kiddy Land another affiliate? I thought they had also copied the Italeri F-5E. So apart from those three, what other examples are there? What I was getting at is that Academy is at least as guilty as Trumpeter where copying others' kits is concerned.

Their 1/32nd scale Typhoons were modified copies of the Italeri 1/48th kits. They share many of the same shape errors (plus a load that Trumpeter created themselves) and a lot of the detail errors as well.