1/32nd "smoke sidewinder'? Available?

I'm just about to start a new project, a 1/32nd F-16C "Thunderbirds" converted to the Colorado ANG F-16C Tigermeet 2003 (It's covered in black, orange, and yellow tiger stripes). I've been able to locate an AIM-9M, and ACMI pod. However, I noticed the actual plane carries what looks like a "Sidewinder" without the front fins, I believe its some sort of smoke generating device, I've been looking for a 1/32nd scale version of this missile/smoke generator, does anyone know where I might be able to pick one up from?

Thanks

Dan

This is a picture of the plane, and the device I'm talking about is on the left wing tip

http://www.downloadmunkey.net/images/F16CCO284.jpg

However, I noticed the actual plane carries what looks like a "Sidewinder" without the front fins, I believe its some sort of smoke generating device, I've been looking for a 1/32nd scale version of this missile/smoke generator, does anyone know where I might be able to pick one up from?

What you're looking for is an AMA pod, not a Smokewinder. There are no aftermarket pods available, but it's easy to scratchbuild them in 1/32.

Jake

In this case, would you take an extra 1/32nd AIM-9, add the back fins but leave off the front ones, and sand it smooth?

quote name='jmel' timestamp='1325299659' post='2310399']

What you're looking for is an AMA pod, not a Smokewinder. There are no aftermarket pods available, but it's easy to scratchbuild them in 1/32.

Jake

In this case, would you take an extra 1/32nd AIM-9, add the back fins but leave off the front ones, and sand it smooth?

The AMD/AMA has a sphere at the front end, don't forget to add that. And the fins are usually simple flat sheet metal ones, welded to the tube.

Rob

The AMA pod is a modified CATM-9, so start with that. Cut off everything forward of the fuse section, add some length to the remaining tube, then put the reflector in the tip. Remember that the AMA pod is longer than a CATM/AIM-9.

I think I have a digital page of The Modern Viper Guide that has pics. I'll check later today.

Jake