Dirk's 1/25 7 Eleven Mustang GTO

They're wrong, wrong, WRONG!! And your drill bit is .001" too small for drilling out those exhaust pipes. I can tell from the pattern of the knurled handle on the pin vise that I ran through Photoshop and did a pixel count on. And to accurately represent the tarmac this car would have raced on during this time period, you should really sand with a 320 grit red garnet paper instead of the 400 grit wet-or-dry you are clearly using... :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, great job so far! I really need to get off my butt and finish some of my stuff. You guys are showing me up here!

-Dave

Edited by 2qwik4u
My grammar sucks and I'm tired.

In all seriousness though, great job so far! I really need to get off my butt and finish some of my stuff. You guys are showing me up here!

-Dave

Quoted for truth.

That does look great though. I'm betting there may have been a crotch belt also for a 5 point system but you won't see any of that when the car's closed up anyway. Belts look nice made with tape nice job.

There wrong, wrong, WRONG!! And your drill bit is .001" too small for drilling out those exhaust pipes. I can tell from the pattern of the knurled handle on the pin vise that I ran through Photoshop and did a pixel count on. And to accurately represent the tarmac this car would have raced on during this time period, you should really sand with a 320 grit red garnet paper instead of the 400 grit wet-or-dry you are clearly using... :rolleyes:

-Dave

Too funny... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for getting off your butt, there is still plenty of time to get lots of stuff built. No need to rush.

looking good!!!!

Although (not to be a jerk) those harnesses would kill the driver ina crash.

Seat looks to be similar to a Kirkey Alu. Race seat, should have a harness slot in the "neck" of the seat and in the seat sides of the hip support.

• 8 months later...