Sorry about the Invader Zim reference.

I flipped around from ABC to NBC and back. I kept thinking all Lady Gaga needed was a couple/three horns and she would have looked like a rhinestone encrusted Triceratops.

I don't see what Gaga does as anything different from what KISS started in the 70s. The over the top doos are mainly there to attract the eye so the woman herself isn't as recognizeable when she is incognito and looking "normal". That isn't to say I necessarily like her music (I like one song, but that is about it) or the person, but even I can respect privacy in this age of tabloid scoops and over the top silliness.

I don't see what Gaga does as anything different from what KISS started in the 70s. The over the top doos are mainly there to attract the eye so the woman herself isn't as recognizeable when she is incognito and looking "normal". That isn't to say I necessarily like her music (I like one song, but that is about it) or the person, but even I can respect privacy in this age of tabloid scoops and over the top silliness.

I don't think it has to do with guarding her privacy so much. Her fans know what she looks like. I think she is just eccentric, or part of her marketing is to appear eccentric, so people will be intrigued.

Personally, I think she has a pretty strong set of pipes. I don't know if she writes and arranges her own stuff or not, but it is either her or a very talented production team behind her. She rocketed to fame out of nowhere overnight. Although Madonna took a little more time to build her career and is clearly better looking, Lady Gaga reminds me of the time when Madonna started adding "shock value" to her songs and performances.

Oh, and Kiss...you are right. No one knew what they looked like for a long time. But still, I think it was mostly about the show for them also. Although their music was pretty basic, they knew the value of theater. They brought that combination to a wider audience than anyone before them. I think Alice Cooper was probably the first artist to really go over the top with it and do it well.

Edited by DutyCat

I actually don't mind Lady Gaga. She seems pretty laid back about her wackiness..just enjoys it rather than getting all haughty and insufferable about being a "serious artist." I think I heard they turned her meat dress into jerky and put it in a museum or something.

SN

Ain't the world suppose to end this year?? I'm having Y2K flashbacks :P

Guy I knew back then stocked up on canned goods and water.....kept asking me what I saw stocking up on....I told him guns and ammo...trumps his stash :P :chain-gun: