This is going to be based on the Academy KC-97G and most likely will be 53-0106 as there are several good pictures of this aircraft available on the net AND apparently it was the only C-97G specifically tasked with sniffing out SA-2 radar systems.

001.jpg

Edited by mig23
  • 4 months later...

Just started work on this one. I left it till last because I knew it was a good kit and I don't have any major changes to make...

120506ec97g5.jpg

ec97g1.jpg

ec97g2.jpg

120506ec97g3.jpg

Cheers,

Haydn.

Edited by mig23

This sounds like a cool project. Do you have any good pictures or measurments of the pod underneath the EC-97G? I'd like to build an EC-97G in 1/144th. Good luck with your 1/72nd kit; it must be a beast in size.

John

This sounds like a cool project. Do you have any good pictures or measurments of the pod underneath the EC-97G? I'd like to build an EC-97G in 1/144th. Good luck with your 1/72nd kit; it must be a beast in size.

John

Hi John,

I'll be going with the ideas suggested by Jennings and Gmat here...

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=182147&st=0&p=1699389&hl=ec-97&fromsearch=1entry1699389

OK - so white over ADC gray (or thereabouts)?

Yep, white over grey !

Cheers,

Haydn.

• 3 weeks later...