Ghost Town GB rules and such

Rules and such.

Standard 6 month group build. Start date was yesterday January 1, 2012 end date June 30, 2012.

Builds, anything with ghost type markings or of a ghost/ dead thing squadron. (USN VF-84, RCAF 428, VMFA-531 etc)

Ghost type markings are well.......ghosts. dead things include skulls and crossbones, skeletons. Don't know of any squadrons that use Zombies but I guess they are cool. If you have a question ask.

Planes with ghost type names. Now, as mentioned before the F-4 Phantom is indeed a ghost type name but with SO many options available try to DO SOMETHING ghostly. VF-114 Aardvarks are a nice squadron but apart from ants I do not know of anyone who is scared of THOSE markings. Off the top of my head, navy alone you have Jolly Rogers, VF-101 Grim Reapers, VF-142 Ghostriders I am sure you can find a suitable squadron.

Models SHOULD be fresh out of the box, not started more then a little. I'll let you decide what a little is, but if all you have to do is attach the canopy, well thats almost finished.

Any aftermarket is fine, Out of the box with kit decals is fine.

If you MUST do a target (tank or boat) go for it, just make sure the rules apply the same as to the airplanes.

We have sponsors all ready. Not sure of exact numbers yet of prizes.

To qualify for a prize you must complete the model and post photos in the "finished builds" page.

Please post what you intend to build in the "what I am going to build" page.

Enjoy.

Work in progress threads are nice, and we all appriciate seeing how your build is going. But not required.

Remember to check out our sponsors, you might find some decals for this GB or for a future build.

Caracal

Hi Decals

Impact decals

Two Bobs

Vagabond

Edited by phantom
sponsors need some lovin'

Does armament have to be true to the dates of the stencils/decals we will be using? For example, F-14 in 2005 for VF-103 did not use 6 AIM-54's, but I am building mine with 6 anyways.

Vampires are the undead like zombies, animated skeletons or golums. Different from ghosts, banshees, wraiths etc which are more intangable spirits. Devils and demons kind of fall in between being solid huminoid(ish) beings in some examples, and intangable spirits that possess people and cause general mayhem in others.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple ideas that are outside the box.

Boneyard aircraft? Been thinking of a dio or two with planes at AMARC.

Rommel's Rod? Ok, it is a car but is it military (sort of) and it has two skeletons in it.

Well, if you want to do a PHANTOM in the bone yard, then yes. Or any other ghost squadron airframe in the bone yard.

As for Rommels rod, well that would qualify, sort of almost kind of I guess.

Would a skull squadron (for most part same colours as VF-103, acording to fluff skull squadron was formed from the remnants of vf-103 after the unification wars) VF-1 valkyrie fighter from Macross be aceptable? I have a phantom just barely started, but it is in 56sq RAF colours, not terribly ghostly.

Edited by rustywelder