Looking for Bristol F.2B info

I bought an Airfix 1/72 Bristol F.2B a while ago, and this aircraft was on service in Perú, so I decided to build is as a Peruvian F.2B, but a frien told me that Peruvian F.2Bs used the Sunbeam Arab engine, and this had a different cowling and radiator faces. I already found some pics, but I'd need some plans or something, there was a scale comparison between both radiator faces, but the image is no longer available so I couldn't save it. If you have some info or know about a good book, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Best regards.

José.

Roden, Sir, did a kit in 1/48 of the Sunbeam Bristol. A bit expensive for a '3-D' reference, but sprue shots and such might give you what you need. There is a Windsock Special in two volumes on the Bristol, my vol.2 covering the post-war usage has nothing on the Sunbeam variant, but the first volumn might.

If you do not have it already, this seems a very useful picture for your purposes....

Bris-F2b-sunbeam-arab_01.jpg

Edited by Old Man

Are you sure, Sir, it is an Arab, and not an Hispano-Suiza?

I ask because the Bristols sold to Mexico, Spain, and Greece at about the same time as Peru purchased its handful were equipped with Hispano-Suiza motors. Only a very few Arab powered Bristols were ever completed, and the motor performed so poorly it is hard to see any still being functional several years after they were built. The Hispano-Suiza installation and the Arab installation do look pretty similar.

Well, somebody told me that Peruvian F.2B used the Sunbeam Arab engine, now, it's very difficult to prove as the only reference I have is a color profile (not a reliable source as the aircraft drawn depics a RR Falcon-engined aircraft) and just one pic:

fighter1.jpg

I read somewhere that both engined (Hispano-Suiza and Sunbeam Arab) used the same radiator, but need more data. Best regards.

José.

*EDIT* The aircraft in the pic has indeed an Hispano-Suiza engine, I just learned the differenced between both radiators face ;)

Edited by Zero Enna

Hmmm... Haven't noticed the exhaust system, but this is the difference I know:

comparison.jpg

Sunbeam Arab at the right, Hispano-Suiza at the left. See the red dots? The propeller seems to be in the center of the radiator face on the Sunbeam Arab-engined, and a bit lower on the Hispano-Suiza-engine... Well, now I need to confirm if the aircraft on the pic I posted is INDEED a Peruvian F.2B. Thanks for your replies. BEst regards.

José.

Edited by Zero Enna