I have started my 1/72 Trumpeter F-100D based at Chaumont AB, France, 1959. Building the box art aircraft. Not really my normal thing.(I like 1/48 WW2 prop-jobbers) Saw it at the LHS and it jumped off the shelf at me. Had to get the Eduard PE set also. Really like the flashy schemes of the 1950's, with the bright colors and natural metal finishes. Here are some pics of my progress so far. Will post more as she progresses.

The Kit:

2012-01-02_23-19-35_43.jpg

Some assemblies on the Tamiya stand:

2012-01-02_23-21-42_172.jpg

The Cockpit is coming together:

2012-01-02_23-22-35_268.jpg

Edited by AVGBob

Thanks guys. This is my first GB and the kind words are really helpful. Can't wait to see the 493rd through the decades when we're all done. I did most of the detail work on the cockpit last night,almost went blind. Man, it's small. Getting the levers to stay in place was a real trick, let me tell ya......

• 4 weeks later...

I'll say these pe cockpits are definitely the way to go on 1/72 subjects. I'm not really sold on them on anything bigger as they tend to be too flat and lifeless. But for the detail on 72nd scale they can't be beat. As been said that cockpit looks extraordinary.

The 1/72 stuff is small but it makes you better on the bigger stuff because it makes it seem larger than it actually is.

Yea, I kinda agree on the pe. But in 1/72, you can't beat it! Man, all those belts! I couldn't believe it when I was doing the seat. Step after step was belts, and more belt, and more belts and so on...