Hi mates,

I've started this armour kit between the Mirage 2000C and the T-2C you can see in the "air WIP" topic.

I need to change subjects time to time.... It will be the exact subject you can see inside the book, same ID numbers, same storage and so on: a XM-706E1 Light Armoured Vehicle. It was the upgraded M-706 coming from the Vietnam War famous vehicle. It was used by MP and USAF.

I hope you'll like this WIP...

cheers

Maurizio

Dscf0135.jpg

Dscf0136.jpg

Dscf0125.jpg

Dscf0124.jpg

Edited by maurizio

I've signed some modifications on the instructions.

Dscf0130.jpg

Dscf0131.jpg

Dscf0132.jpg

Dscf0133.jpg

Dscf0134.jpg

I've made also my own decals using a decal paper and my black laser HP printer. The font for "US ARMY" and "S/N" is not correct but I've found the correct one and another print will be made within a couple of days/weeks.

Dscf0137.jpg

Using a ink pen I signed some modifications on the upper hull.

Dscf0127.jpg

Dscf0128.jpg

Dscf0419.jpg

Dscf0420.jpg

The following holes are wrong. There are only 4 holes for the step... I'll close some holes. Check it twice!!!!!

(to be honest it was at 10 pm and my 4 years old little baby was walking around me....)

Dscf0447.jpg

Dscf0451.jpg

Wheels and tyres. I've found that the correct tipe of tyres is the one used by the Army Trucks. The rims is not the one used by trucks anyway so..... let go to the cut and past job!!!!

I would have the the forward wheels steered left so I'll have to ask to my friend Andrea V. for a decent and simple solution.

Dscf0138.jpg

Dscf0445.jpg

Dscf0125.jpg

Dscf0421.jpg

• 8 months later...

I've added a layer of Gunze Mr. Surface 500 in order to obtain a smooth surface for a better removal from the silicone rubber during the resin casting job.

Dscf4094.jpg

I need also to close every hole inside the wheels:

Dscf4152.jpg

Dscf4153.jpg