This group build is for any aircraft, military land vehicle, Naval ship, etc built by a defense contractor in the state of Texas, also any of the aforementioned equipment used by any military or naval units of the U.S. Department of Defense that is based in the state of Texas.

Dates: Jan 1 2012 Sept 30 2012

Host for this GB will be #1 Greywolf (formally known as Angles49) and Wolfgun33

Edited by Wolfgun33

Are you REALLY limiting this group build to military hardware PRODUCED by a Texas company? That would, for example, exclude F-6A Mustangs used by the 111th TRS in the MTO during WWII or F-86 Sabre Dogs, also used by the 111th, or Tomcats employed by VF-201, etc. Maybe you mean built in Texas OR used by Texas-based military units?

Maybe you mean built in Texas OR used by Texas-based military units?

Yes we do, that is it to the letter....if a unit is Texas uses it..it's on da list. Case in point, Tanks (M1 Abrams) are not built in Texas, but there are a lot of them on or around Ft. Bliss on McGregor Range.

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 4 weeks later...

Be it known to all interested parties, the rules have been amended to include any aircraft, ship, or vehicle under the control of a Texan; such as the Spitfire flown by Wing Commander Lance Wade, or the P-40 flown by "Tex" Hill.

Were they built in Texas or flown by a Texas squadron?

Yup, same place as the Crusader. I had to look it up, i thought i remembered reading a while back both were, but my memory failed me and i looked it up. I have a Corsair in the stash, and i'm tempted to get another F-8 for the build. I have to finish my Ghost Group Build first.

Don

Yup, same place as the Crusader. I had to look it up, i thought i remembered reading a while back both were, but my memory failed me and i looked it up. I have a Corsair in the stash, and i'm tempted to get another F-8 for the build. I have to finish my Ghost Group Build first.

Don

Yeah that'll work. Cool. I learn something new here everyday. :thumbsup: