Natually it will be a Phantom.

Thinking a 1/48 Hasegawa F-4S from VF-202 in Ferris grays.

And a ANG 1/48 Hasegawa F-4C/D in gloss ADF Gray

Edited by phantom

LTV F-8P Crusader, from the Heller 1/72 kit. These were built in the LTV Dallas Plant (which was in fact the old NAA Dallas plant which had built P-51's during WW2) as F-8E(FN)'s and updated by the French to the F-8P configuration.

Let me add my welcome to the GB guys, yes,Phantom, natually it will be a Phantom (I may join ya I like them too) :thumbsup: ,Mawz, and 2qwik4u.

I guess when you're undecided like me you go with all your options...Viper, Mustang, Phantom, and possibly a Hustler for the 43rd BW when it was in Arkansas

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I just won a Monogram F-101 kit off evil-bay with 147th markings. So that's what I'll do. On base we (I'm a member of the 147th RW) now have on static display an F-101, F-102, F-16 and T-33. We used to have an F-4D, but it's been moved to be restored, I think.

Check out this web site (below) for additional ideas for Texas based aircraft to model.

http://www.147rw.ang.af.mil/resources/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=13003

I just won a Monogram F-101 kit off evil-bay with 147th markings. So that's what I'll do. On base we (I'm a member of the 147th RW) now have on static display an F-101, F-102, F-16 and T-33. We used to have an F-4D, but it's been moved to be restored, I think.

Check out this web site (below) for additional ideas for Texas based aircraft to model.

http://www.147rw.ang.af.mil/resources/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=13003

:bandhead2: coercion is not a nice way to do things; effective, not nice; now I've got to find a bird or something from a Texas unit to build or I'll never live down the guilt trip :wacko: . Oh well I guess another Viper is in the offing, now let's see what unit is available. Anybody seen any 48th Trainers of the T-38 variety. Laughlin, Randolph, Sheppard, or Goodfellow markings would be OK. I'd try to do one for Bergstrom, but I'm not fond of Recce Phantoms, nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea, mates.

:bandhead2: coercion is not a nice way to do things; effective, not nice; now I've got to find a bird or something from a Texas unit to build or I'll never live down the guilt trip :wacko: . Oh well I guess another Viper is in the offing, now let's see what unit is available. Anybody seen any 48th Trainers of the T-38 variety. Laughlin, Randolph, Sheppard, or Goodfellow markings would be OK. I'd try to do one for Bergstrom, but I'm not fond of Recce Phantoms, nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea, mates.

OBEY! Good dog... :)

On the T-38 front, what about NASA's T-38s? I know they're not military but, they reside at Ellington Field.

And for the Whirlybird clan, don't forget the Coast Guard...Semper Paratus!

Well you can add another Houstonian to the list. I am a little far from home right now lol. I am stuck in Qatar.How about an aircraft that helped win WW2 and was made in San Antonio. It also bares the states namesake....T-6/SNJ Texan With a nice blue paint sceme & Marine Corps markings :yahoo: Cheers & Semper FiJason

Bell helicopter is based out of Fort Worth, Texas with a second location in Amarillo.

I won't be able to get to it for a bit, being in the middle of a move, but what better way to break in the new model room than with some sort of Bell whirly bird.

I haven't logged in in quite some time and I just saw this GB. I would like to join with a 1/48 T-34C Turbo Mentor with marking from Training Wing 4 out of Corpus Christi NAS and maybe a 1/48 F-14A Tomcat with VF-201 markings.

Edited by xavi84

I haven't logged in in quite some time and I just saw this GB. I would like to join with a 1/48 T-34C Turbo Mentor with marking from Training Wing 4 out of Corpus Christi NAS and maybe a 1/48 F-14A Tomcat with VF-201 markings.

Very cool Xavi84. How's the Tomcat fit in? Not clear on that.

VF-201 and 202 were Texas based naval reserve units. AF tail code.

Yup!!! flying outta "Cowtown" dontcha know....Yeehaaaaa....... :D

Oh the stars at night are big and bright thump, thump, thump, thump deepintheharta....Tex-as :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Natually it will be a Phantom.

Thinking a 1/48 Hasegawa F-4S from VF-202 in Ferris grays.

And a ANG 1/48 Hasegawa F-4C/D in gloss ADF Gray

Switching to a Revell F-4C in ADC first, the Ferris scheme later.

At present I'm in a scramble that would make the Keflavik alert birds proud, I'm trying to scratch up some decals for the 301 FW, and I'll do a Blk 30 Viper for them. I'm trying to confirm that they went to the 'stan, for a weapons loadout.

Im curiouse about the F-8 Crusader in the erlier post. Does this include all Crusaders or just the ones from the block he mentioned. reason why I ask is because im going to hook up with a 1/48 th F-8E with VF-111 Markings and would like to join this GB. If not then its back to the drawing board.