Im curiouse about the F-8 Crusader in the erlier post. Does this include all Crusaders or just the ones from the block he mentioned. reason why I ask is because im going to hook up with a 1/48 th F-8E with VF-111 Markings and would like to join this GB. If not then its back to the drawing board.

All Crusaders were built in Dallas, it was Vought/LTV's only plant for years. And you have to love the VF-111 markings, only reason I'm not doing one of their birds is that the only F-8 on my shelf already is a VF-111 bird.

Edited by mawz

MAWZ thanks for the update I never knew they were always made in dallas. But this aircraft is going to my father and I hope brings good comments from everyone. Im not a master like a lot of people are here but Its gonna be fun. I just have to figure out how I'm going to display it. I Love ARC and all who post on it you guys Rock thank you for everything.

I've got my 1/72 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop ready to go. It'll have the markings of Wing Commander Lance Wade, who was a successful Texan ace who served exclusively with the RAF.

I figured I could throw that curveball to the group....

I've got my 1/72 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop ready to go. It'll have the markings of Wing Commander Lance Wade, who was a successful Texan ace who served exclusively with the RAF.

I figured I could throw that curveball to the group....

That's a good one. Something different. Welcome!!

• 2 weeks later...

Holly Crap. This model has like 5,000 parts. Lol here's to first's. First time doing PE first time doing Resin and first time building a Hasegawa. we Have till September to pull this off right because im gonna need all of that time to build this thing. I will start posting updates soon. Where should I post them though here or on the F-8 Crusader thread.

Holly Crap. This model has like 5,000 parts. Lol here's to first's. First time doing PE first time doing Resin and first time building a Hasegawa. we Have till September to pull this off right because im gonna need all of that time to build this thing. I will start posting updates soon. Where should I post them though here or on the F-8 Crusader thread.

Generally you'd start a build thread for your build. The Crusader thread is just the build thread for my F-8P build (Which is moving, but kinda slowly).

• 3 weeks later...

So if I'm understanding the rules correctly, anything built in Texas qualifies? If so, how about a 1/48 AH-1F with Werner's Wings decals since the AH-1F was manufactured in Texas? I have had the cockpit nearly completed for a while now. Is that too far along?

Ray

So if I'm understanding the rules correctly, anything built in Texas qualifies? If so, how about a 1/48 AH-1F with Werner's Wings decals since the AH-1F was manufactured in Texas? I have had the cockpit nearly completed for a while now. Is that too far along?

Ray

Yeah Cobras are included. If it's just the cockpit, i'm inclined to say that it's good. :thumbsup:

Edited by Wolfgun33
  • 1 month later...

Talk about being caught between that "rock and a hard place", "between the devil and the Deep blue". I'm gonna do two birds one is easy, The other :wacko: It's gonna be a Viper that's the easy part, which one is a different matter

the Delta Dart for the 87th FIS,

BullsDecal.jpg

either one for the 512th FS (my favorite all time Viper kids)

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

or the 111th FS (my hometown kids sort of I live close by)

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

either way I'll be doing two birds

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to join if you're still accepting entries. My entry would be a 1/48 Trumpeter HH-65A Dolphin built as an MH-65C (s/n 6529) based at USCG Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi-

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Coast/Aerospatiale-HH-65C-Dolphin/1216739/L/&sid=34cc58120ff6cc7adccd78ab7827a984

Decals will be from Fireball Modelworks-

http://www.fireballmodels.info/images/FMD-10a.jpg

http://www.fireballmodels.info/images/FMD-10_scan.jpg

Cheers,

Alby

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's time to put up....and the decision has been made...I'll be doing this for the GB

AllTexasGBViper.jpg

I'll be doing the build for the 111FS/147FW Ellington Field, Before the decision to make them cyber warriors flying birds from a desk with coffee and danish at their elbows; a comfortable chair and donuts down the hall.

Edited by #1 Greywolf