• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up a Academy Crusader today, man it looks so much nicer than the Heller kit. But I should be able to get something decent looking from the Heller.

Until Academy released their F-8 the Heller kit was the best choice in Gentlemen's Scale - the Hasegawa and Esci kits all suffered from dimensional errors.

Nice progress so far!

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kool looks just like mine only smaller. :woot.gif: Lookin good Mawz cant wait to see it finished. Any idea on what decals you will be using.

I'm using the kit decals, it's a very simple scheme, Light Ghost Grey all over with markings for Flotilla 12F in 1994.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decals on, I'm disappointed in them, there either isn't enough contrast or Heller screwed up the colour callout for the main scheme (I suspect the latter). And the decals for the stabilizers were sized for the F-8E, not the larger F-8E(FN), the F-8P's were all rebuilt F-8E(FN)'s so they had the larger stabs.

Just a little detail painting and I can finish up the fiddly bits and all it done.

7897704366_7bf8e5fdfa_z.jpg

Heller F-8P Crusader 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...