1/32 Academy F-16C Israeli colors & markings

Hello Neo!! I think the Arctic Aggressor is a hard edged paint scheme? I've used this tape to outline a hard edged scheme.

IMG_1442.jpg

The stuff will easily conform to bends and irregularites. You have to back mask behind the edge, i usually use Painters Mate green tape, from Home depot or CTC. A softer edge i use the worms. You still have to be careful, you can still end up with irregular areas. Lots of practice helps, grab a paint hulk and see how spraying perpendicular, at angle away and angle to the towards the worm affects the edge. On the Arctic scheme with black, white and grey there is a lot of possibilities where overspray would really ruin a good mood.

Don

I have most of the decals on now. Still have to add some to the drop tanks. The IsraDecals work well, very thin with little carrier. Some minor silvering, but that's my fault. Not crazy about the color mismatch of the winged skull to fs30219 dark earth color, the art is lighter tan the color coat. From what i've read, these planes were transfered to this squadron without a repaint and the winged skull was added to an old paint job. I'll have to see how it turns out with some weathering. Some pics for the night.

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Don

Had time today to finish doing a wash on all parts and wiping them down. I used Phil Florys Pro Modeller wash, always works great. I also dull coated everything and will start doing additional weathering with MiG Pigments, might experiment with oil paints. Few more pics.

IMG_1452a.jpg

IMG_1453a.jpg

IMG_1454a.jpg

Don

Something i forgot to do was paint the metal ring at the back of the fuselage between the fuselage and exhaust can. When i build a 1/32 Tamiya F-14 converted to a D, i forgot to paint this as well. Just doesn't look right without.

IMG_1455a.jpg

My solution is Bare Metal Foil. Used it first time on a 1969 Dodge Dart Pro Street build for the window trim. Easy to work with.

IMG_1456.jpg

End result looks right. Definitley looks off without.

IMG_1458a.jpg

IMG_1459a.jpg

Pic showing all the parts to go on the build. Might be there for a while.

IMG_1457a.jpg

Don

Some pics of the weapons and pylons. Spending the day attaching a bunch of small stuff.

GBU-38s from the kit

IMG_1477.jpg

Sidewinders from the kit

IMG_1475.jpg

Python 4s from the Academy Sufa

IMG_1474.jpg

The Sufa still need small winglets to be added, didn't put them on as they look to be easily broken. Will add right before i hang them underwing. It's slowly getting there.

Don

The basic build was ok, did have to work on some joints a bit. I haven't built the Tamiya F-16, so i can't compare to it. First time i used a primer due to removing paint with masking tape. The IsraCast set was ok, instructions a little vague. IsraDecals were ok, silvering was due to gloss coat not smooth enough. On to some pics.

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

Thanks,guys!! This is the first F-16 i've built in about twenty years, the only F-16 in the display case. I have three more to do, a Tamiya and two Academy Sufas. Don't know which one i'll do next.

Don

Turned out EXCELLENT!! :woot.gif:

Don't forget to add a photo or three to the finished builds section to qualify for a chance at a prize. (we have lots of sponsers and not many completed builds so far. You stand a REAL good chance)

• 1 month later...