Your best recent deal?

Hi All,

Just thought we could share deals that we have manged to find or found in the past related to our plastic model obsession. I know some people went crazy on the Squadron sale....wish I had on some P-51's and Spitfires. Anywho, recently I picked up some Hase 1/48 F-22's for $23.00 each and the Hase photoetch part for $8.99. Tower was super discounting them over the holiday break. They are back to $29.99 each now which is still a good price. Also didn't have to pay shipping.

Almost forgot, grabbed a 1/72 RB-36 reissue unopened on ebay for $28 shipped.

Maybe we can have a "deals" sticky made for current stuff we find?

Edited by camaroz06

Two boxes of misc airplane models I got off a guy on Craigslist for 10 dollars. Turned out most were airliner kits. Got two complete kits out of it so far and already sold one on ebay for 150$!!!

Also just ordered two Tamiya Toyota GT-One race cars for 14 a piece plus shipping.

Sheeee-it... Hase 48 F-22s at $29.99???? I'd buy one and I hardly ever get around to building'em. :( I presume they'll do mail-order too? Or is this a "you got to walk your behind into the store to buy anything" type of store.

Edited by The_Animal

Sheeee-it... Hase 48 F-22s at $29.99???? I'd buy one and I hardly ever get around to building'em. :( I presume they'll do mail-order too? Or is this a "you got to walk your behind into the store to buy anything" type of store.

It's mail order...just got my second one from them...took about 4 days to get it.

Josh

I saw a Hobbycraft P-35 combo with a resin cockpit set and Eduard PE go for $27, shipping and all on eBay. Nice semi-rare combo at a sweet price. Wish I could have bid on it, but I can't spend the money right now.

The best deals I've personally landed in the last few months were an Academy MiG-21MF for $14 (shipping included), the Accurate Miniatures Pearl Harbor combo for $38 (the Vindicator kit alone often goes for more than that!), and a Hobby Boss Mirage IIICJ for $18.50.

Squadron allowed me to acquire the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito! Oh and honorable mention to Michaels and their 50% off coupons over christmas. I added 4 more B-25J's to the stash at 12.50 each and a couple more P-61's for 9 bucks!

Max Bryant

Oh yeah! The Michael's 50% off was great. Two kits for the price of one.

Got this on Craigslist a while back....$150 for the lot. All 1:48 scale. Worked out to $4.26 per kit.

B-58 Hustler Monogram

F-111F Libya Raider Academy

McDonnell Douglas F15C Eagle Tamiya

U.S.A.F. Fairchild Republic A-10A Thunderbolt II Tamiya

Sukhoi SU-27UB Flanker C Academy

F-86F-30 Sabre Academy

F-14A Tomcat 'Lantirn' Hasegawa

MIG 29UB FulCrum B Soviet Training Fighter Academy

Dassault Rafale M Revell

U.S. Army Special Operations MH-60K Academy

F-16C Block 30 Misawa Japan Hasegawa

Douglas A-1H Skyraider U.S. Navy Tamiya

TBF-IC Avenger Accurate Miniatures

AH-64D Longbow Attack Helicopter Academy

PBY-5A Catalina Revell Monogram

P-26A/C Peashooter Academy

MiL-24 Hind Gunship Monogram

Lippisch P 13 a Revell

Hughes 500D Tow Helicopter Academy

F-8 Crusader Monogram

F-18C Hornet Revell Monogram

P-47N Thunderbolt Revell Monogram

Kamov Ka-50 'Hokum' Revell

OV-10A Bronco Testors

P-61 Black Widow Monogram

MIG-29 Fulcrum Monogram

Ho229A-1 Flying Wing DML

A-37 Dragonfly Monogram

P-38J Lightning Revell Monogram

de Havilland Venom FB.4 Glencoe Models

ME-163 Komet Testors

F-84G Thunderjet Revell Monogram

Missile Interceptor Vought F7U-3/3M Cutlass Hobby Craft

F-89C Scorpion Revell

F-105D Thunderchief Revell

Picture001-9.jpg

Nope, no fallen off the truck stuff lol. Head to towerhobbies.com plastic model site. They discount shipping for orders over $30 right now as well.