Your best recent deal?

Hmmm..just scored 3 kits on eBay:

1/48 Hasegawa F-16A Netz IDF

1/48 Tamiya FW190

1/72 Revell F-14D Super Tomcat

For a grand total of around $28. Less than 10 bucks a kit! I've seen that particular F-16 boxing go for ridiculously high prices before, too.

I got a re-issue of the 1/72 Shuttle Stack off of ebay a few weeks ago for $60 with free shipping. Not Bad. Its Ginormous.

I got an old one(Young Astronauts) off of ebay tonight for $35, plus shipping brought it to $50. A steal. Yes, they are Ginormous. They are actually Dixienormous.

• 2 weeks later...

Attended the Brewer Brothers model swap meet, contest, etc. at the Yanks Air Museum in Chino. A nice little collection, by the way. First, reduced admission ($9.00), second, picked up a Revell boxing of the Hasegawa BF 109G-4 for $15.00. I am ignoring the fuel cost there and back.

Bill

For $10 bucks, a TAMIYA 1/32 F-4C/D Phantom/sealed in bags..BEST CL find of all time for me!!!!

Holy Crap! That's like 95% off! I guess I can't complain. Hueyhogfan13(above) gave me the deal of the century on a bunch of kits for next to nothing compared to retail. Again, thanks dude. I love you man! I guess that's karma in action!

Edited by AVGBob

I have not bought a kit since I switched job locations. Sure I'm saving LOTS of gas money but the stash has dropped to a almost reasonable level!!!!!

Good thing Tonys show is happening over in Hamilton in a couple weeks. All ready meeting two ARCers for trades once we get there.

Just after Christmas I stopped at a LHS in Sonora,Ca while I was visiting & picked up a Hasegawa 1/72 A3D-2 early Skywarrior. The box was open & the guy had it marked at $26 as we talked, he opens the box & says looks like the kids have been in here, can't say if it's all there or not. Gimme $4. I spied a photo-etch set in the box and I said something bout it & he shrugged & said Merry Christmas.

Upon further inspection later, I found a resin tail cone & nose cone and, was a complete kit! :monkeydance:

Hi All,

Just thought we could share deals that we have manged to find or found in the past related to our plastic model obsession. I know some people went crazy on the Squadron sale....wish I had on some P-51's and Spitfires. Anywho, recently I picked up some Hase 1/48 F-22's for $23.00 each and the Hase photoetch part for $8.99. Tower was super discounting them over the holiday break. They are back to $29.99 each now which is still a good price. Also didn't have to pay shipping.

Almost forgot, grabbed a 1/72 RB-36 reissue unopened on ebay for $28 shipped.

Maybe we can have a "deals" sticky made for current stuff we find?

that would be easy, as I walked into a certain LHS yesterday afternoon, and bought three kits:

* Trumpeter ME262 in 1/32 at 75% off the list price for an out the door price of $20

* the Revell 1/72 DC3 with Finnland Airways decales for about $8.75

* a Dragon M1a1 SEP for $22.50

could have dumped a couple hundred dollars really fast in there

gary

Edited by ChesshireCat