This is my first non Desert Storm Group Build. So anyway, I've decided to build the Hobbyboss 1:48 A-10A depicting a jet from the 511th TFS "Vultures", 10th TFW, attached to the 354th TFW(P) at King Fahd Airport during Desert Storm ;)

This is not the plane I'm doing but it will be similar to this one.

just_a_thumpin_3.jpg

I'm using less resin than my first build so this should be a quick build. Hoping to have the fuselage closed in a couple days. here is how it is now. Next time I build this, I would fill the ammo drum with weight so the model won't be a tail sitter.

img0967es.jpg

Edited by Benner

nope, if I can't see it I don't really care so the rear looks good enough for me.

IMG_0070.jpg

That's why this one is pretty close to OOB. My previous build I used the Aires wheel bay set and i decided it wasn't worth the effort with how I wanted to depict this build.

here's the pit so far. seat is dry-fitted. The pilot figure is from Hasegawa and was slimed down to fit; just a test fit at this point. LASTE upgrades where removed and a new exhaust was added close to where the GPS is on a modern Hog.

img0973q.jpg

There is a lot of weekend left...........keep it going!!!

What is the plan for a weapons load-out? I have a book the details the weapons load-outs for a lot of modern jet aircraft that I picked up at Barnes & Noble. If you need details on what load-outs are for what, let me know. I have pictures to scan and data to provide.

There is a lot of weekend left...........keep it going!!!

What is the plan for a weapons load-out? I have a book the details the weapons load-outs for a lot of modern jet aircraft that I picked up at Barnes & Noble. If you need details on what load-outs are for what, let me know. I have pictures to scan and data to provide.

If this is the book you are speaking of, beware! I bought a copy of it myself, and have found it to be dangerously inaccurate. I don't usually advocate burning books, but if I did, this would be one of the first on the list. You're better off spending time here on ARC or on the web looking at actual Warthog photos.

Thanks for the offer but I'm good to go; I base my load-outs on reference pictures. Loadout will be: 1 ALQ-131, 1 AGM-65D, 6 CBU-58 cluster bombs on 2 TERs, 1 AGM-65B, 2 AIM-9 on the DRA.

Can you add a link or two to your other builds?

Much appreciated.

my photobucket directory

Edited by Benner
  • 3 weeks later...