Revell B-17G "A Bit O' Lace"

Thanx Oliver.

Right today's progress on the engines and wings. I'll let the pics do the talking.

Picture170-4.jpg

Picture171-4.jpg

Picture172-4.jpg

Picture173-4.jpg

Picture174.jpg

I just have to add the crank cases and cowlings, and the wings are done ready for painting.

Thanx for looking.

Cheers Daz

Well started putting the decals on. And disaster the two Green bands broke up as soon as hitting the water. So next week I'm going to order a different sheet. I've never had this problem with Lifelike Decals before.

I could try and paint them Oliver. Do you know what colour they were? I have plenty of Medium Green. But that doesn't match the colour of the bands.

I'm going to put this model away for a while, until I can figure something out.

I could try and paint them Oliver. Do you know what colour they were? I have plenty of Medium Green. But that doesn't match the colour of the bands.

I'm going to put this model away for a while, until I can figure something out.

Hello Darren!! When i did my build i painted them on. They wern't part of the decal sheet. Easy to paint on. Kits-World instructions say Leaf green, can't remember what color i used, can try to match up for you.

IMG_1264.jpg

Don

Edited by dmthamade

Hello Darren!! When i did my build i painted them on. They wern't part of the decal sheet. Easy to paint on. Kits-World instructions say Leaf green, can't remember what color i used, can try to match up for you.

IMG_1264.jpg

Don

Thats a good news for Darren!!!!

Darren put the bird aside...Don will match the color for you!

good luck my friend

Edited by edwards scissorhands

Hmmph! Your B-17 looks like it has engraved panel lines! I've recently bought the Revell/Monogram kit which has raised panel lines and I'm going through the PAINFUL process of sanding down and re-engraving. All part of the game I guess.

Nice job so far on your B-17, Darren. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Ian

Hmmph! Your B-17 looks like it has engraved panel lines! I've recently bought the Revell/Monogram kit which has raised panel lines and I'm going through the PAINFUL process of sanding down and re-engraving. All part of the game I guess.

Nice job so far on your B-17, Darren. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Ian

The newer tooled Revell 72nd 17s have engraved lines. Are you rescribing a 1/48th ship?

Daunting task indeed.

Ok, don't know what paints you use but i use acrylics. The green i used was Tamiya XF-5 flat green. Cross ref i found says field green/ fs34097/ If you Google search "a bit o lace" you will find a lot of pics of the original and of builds. One shows the green close to olive drab, you may have to decide which you like best.

Don

Edited by dmthamade