TSUNAMI mustang

ok so i am building in 1/48 scale the TSUNAMI racer from reno. and i will use the testors p-51 as a starting ponit then add parts from other kits and scrach building. but what i am wondering is. is there any prop blade i can use that look like they cam from a T-82 trojan? because that is what the real plane had. so any thing that even looks close would be good. :thumbsup:

what kind of mustang would u use? because tsunami was i think a little smaller than a normal p-51. and the t-28 blades it used had rounded tips

A little smaller how? If you aren't concerned about accuracy, I would use a nicer and easier to build Mustang kit. The Testors P-51D kit is a rebox of the ancient Hawk kit. It lacks detail and has lots of gaps and issues. I'd rank it last on my list of P-51Ds I would build unless Starfix or someone made one I don't know about. My top two choices would be the Tamiya or Hasegawa P-51Ds which you can get really cheap these days. They have plenty of detail, go together easy and have recessed panel lines. My next choice would be the ICM kit followed by Revell/Monogram(same kit? dunno) and everybody else.

90% of propeller blades have rounded tips I think.

EDIT: Ahh, the Tsunami was a custom built plane. According to this ( http://tsunam.tripod.com/tsunhist.html ) it used the four bladed early style T-28A propeller. Doesn't really matter what kit you use since it wasn't a Mustang nor modified from one and you will have to scratch build and replace the majority of it.

Edited by SoarinSukhoi

IIRC Tsunami used a Hamilton-Standard prop(it may have been shortened a bit). The only similarity Tsunami had to a Mustang was it's engine, prop and spinner. Other than that it was an entirely new design. It's size was about 2/3-3/4 the size of a Mustang.

As an aside, the remains of the orignal Tsunami are being rebuilt and I believe there is a second Tsunami being built with the intention to race it.

Cheers, Terry

IIRC Tsunami used a Hamilton-Standard prop(it may have been shortened a bit). The only similarity Tsunami had to a Mustang was it's engine, prop and spinner. Other than that it was an entirely new design. It's size was about 2/3-3/4 the size of a Mustang.

As an aside, the remains of the orignal Tsunami are being rebuilt and I believe there is a second Tsunami being built with the intention to race it.

Cheers, Terry

The spinner was the same, but the propeller was from a T-28. You can find the information directly on their website.

http://tsunamiairracing.com/

It lacks detail and has lots of gaps and issues. I'd rank it last on my list of P-51Ds I would build unless Starfix or someone made one I don't know about.

FYI starfix did do a 1/72 P51D and other than the erroneous general shape and lack of any worth while details; it was a fine model to work overON, I mean :blink:

Well, since no one makes a decent T-28A ( I don't count the Monogram A as "decent"), you're not going to get blades from a T-28 kit (you'd need two of them, anyway). The old A-model 2-blader had pretty broad-chord blades, so I'd start with a broad chord 4-blade prop, like maybe from a Tamiya P-47 or a Skyraider and reduce the diameter.