M1A1 trumpeter 1:35

Hello

I haven't built any armour for a long time, but for christmas my wife got me new airbrush and i had to test it asap.

As i had no finished plane or helo ready on the bench i drag my old project from the box and decided to give it a go.

It doesn't represent any particular tank from any year or unit. More like few features from different tanks that i liked.

Few parts are in green and stick out, that was due to an idea that they had to be replace in a field and there was no time to re- paint.

Painted with Tamiya acrylics, camo is a free hand (main reason why i chose woodland scheme was to try this technique), weathering with Mig pigments.

Also it does have a moveable suspension, i even started to assemble link track from bronco, but not enough patience put this to stop.

Smoke grenades are too long and water jerry can painted white (as per instruction, but no pictures found to as prove).

This was a relaxing project so lets treat it that way.

Enough talking, few pictures;

P1110946.jpg

P1110945.jpg

P1110944.jpg

P1110940.jpg

P1110939.jpg

P1110937.jpg

P1110930.jpg

It looks pretty good. The paint and weathering came out well. As you said, the white water can is not right. It should be either black, sand, or dark green, but not white. Also, the CIPs (Combat Identifier Panels) on the sides of the turret are too deep and should not be see-through. They are actually a continuous sheet of louvers slid into a frame, see below. Also, when the side CIPs are installed, the flat, square CIPs in the front slopes of the turret should also be on. They are a set.

m1a1side.jpeg

m1a1abrams.jpeg

Lastly, the CIPs can be either sand, green, or the brown color in the camo scheme.

Good job overall. A few tweaks and it can be even better.