Red DH 88 Grosvenor House and green C-ACSR 1/72 decals needed

Hello,

posting here in hopes someone can help me track down some decals for the red painted and hopefully green DH88 in 1/72

I picked up an ancient bagged copy of the Airfix kit cheap and the decals were either missing or , as they are not called out in the instructions, never included.

Is there a source for these decals and the third version, the green painted C-ACSR?

I have the more recent black G-ACSP release from Airfix as well and this more modern release has decals, but just for the one version.

They are rough old kits, but I hope to include them in the timeline of powered flight in 1/72 I have hanging from my classroom ceiling.

Thanks for any leads.

Mike

I'm sure Whirlybird did decals for both Grosvenor House and the'Green One'. Might be worth checking them out.

Vince

Thanks for the tip, however, neither Whirlybird or Jbot seem to be currently trading.

I did search the forum and found an older post about Whirlybird still being in buisness and an email address from that thread.

Jbot's site mentions them being overwhelmed and not taking orders at this point, but no return date is given.

I have emails out to both and am hopeful I will hear from them.

I am not able to find either on ebay or for sale anywhere else for that matter.

Are there other options? I would be very interested in purchasing either product.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Mike D

G'Day Mike D. I've a set of white Grosvenor House decals for your red DH88. They are from an Airfix re-release of the DH88.

Where do you want me to send them?

George, out..............

George, I'm hoping your g'day doesn't put you on the other side of the world from Vermont in the NE USA....

I'd love to take them off your hands and will happily pay postage if there isn't anything you're looking for trade-wise.

I've got some modern 1/72 ac kits and decals, a few True Details modern russian ejection seats, DML modern Russian weapons and a pantload of 1/35th Panther-phenalia

Drop me a line at mldhoc@yahoo.com and we can work out the details.

Thanks

Mike

George,

Many thanks!

I'll drop you a line when they get here.

For others reading this, it seems that Airfix is re-re-re-releasing the DH88 in 2012 with "the green one" markings.

So the trio can be completed.

I hope to have the first, "Black Magic" hanging up by month's end.

Grosventor House shortly thereafter.

I'll probably knock off a couple of resin lifting bodies after that.

Mike

• 1 month later...