1/72 Hasegawa Thunderbirds P-80 Shooting Star

I'm giving this a bash as I think the shiny Alclad and red, white and blue will look stunning. Pity I don't have this in 1/48 scale so I can add some more detail. Anyway, here's a couple hours work so far.

DSC05659.jpg

The base kit just to prove I haven't started yet

DSC05660.jpg

Took an hour for the cockpit and an hour to do the rest

DSC05661.jpg

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Edited by Andrew Doppel

Andrew, haven't been in a GB with you since the F-111 GB. This will be a sexy plane in her natural skin with the red, white, and blue to bring it all together...she's gonna be a looker!

Thanks guys,

This should be a relatively quick build......I hope!

ChippyWho, you call it Tomatoe, I'll call it tomato. I was going by the instructions but I now see that the single seater is actually the P-80 and the twin seater a T-33, therefore you are correct but.....tomato it will stay....for now.

Must be duck huntin' season!

Regards

Andrew

That Hasegawa T-33 is a rather fun kit to build IMHO. I did one as a kid and was doing it as a Thunderbird. But I was let down by the crappy decals in it (it was that Minicraft 5 plane gift set with some of the lamest attempts at TB decals known to man). I would love to try my hand at another one though so I'll be watching with interest of course.

Nice and shiny although I think I had the pressure up a little to high whilst spraying the Alclad but, I'm happy with how it looks at this stage. I need to rectify a small issue with the nose before repainting it white and applying the decals. Here's how it looks at the moment. Hopefully the Alclad will look a little better when it's finished. What's the best thing for polishing Alclad once it's dry?

DSC05761.jpg

DSC05762.jpg

DSC05763.jpg

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Edited by Andrew Doppel

Andrew

Nice! :thumbsup: You are right, that is a very shiny surface. It looks like you have mastered Alclad quite well. I use a lot of Alclad, and usually don't have to polish it out. I did do this a few times, and I used a soft cotton rag. Something that I found helped was to use a little of the aluminum polishing powder from SNJ. I don't know if the powder is still available. though.

This should look great when you are done!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...