Derek, you were right, LuckyModel will ship anything anywhere. Just received an order from them with a bunch of Gunze and Tamiya paints in it. Really cool thing about LuckyModel is they stock some of the odd stuff you don't see in the online hobby distributers in the U.S. Shipping took 2.5 weeks to get to me from HongKong, not bad considering most things I order take about a week or so to get here.

Thanks Ross, looks like there may be 3 paint types that may give a good color match for the blue, I'll post that info once I've sprayed and compared them for those folks who have these in their stash.

Derek, you were right, LuckyModel will ship anything anywhere. Just received an order from them with a bunch of Gunze and Tamiya paints in it. Really cool thing about LuckyModel is they stock some of the odd stuff you don't see in the online hobby distributers in the U.S. Shipping took 2.5 weeks to get to me from HongKong, not bad considering most things I order take about a week or so to get here.

Glad it worked out. Just one thing about LuckyModel - be careful of items marked "available". This usually means that they are being restocked and that can take some time.If there is such an item that you want e-mail or phone them and they'll let you know when it is expected in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Arnaud,

To save yourself some trouble, use Bare Metal Foil instead of standard aluminum duct tape for the rear fuselage if you not going to paint that area. Both have a similar thickness, but the duct tape has twice the glue on it making it really difficult to get a smooth finish out of it. Paint the entire aircraft white then mask off the blue area's, you can do it with the air intakes on then carefully mask the intake spikes when you paint the blue, I made it tough on myself by installing the intakes later on. Other than that, the kit goes together really well, I have no complaints with it or the decals.

Ron

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The decals are included with the kit, they can still be found on ebay quite often. I think TwoBobs may have done a set a while back, but that decal sheet seems to be harder to find than the kits are.

V/r

Ron