FINALLY! New 1/72 Me.110E & Me.110G-4 from Eduard

Well, patience does pay off. I was just over at the 72 scale forum and read that Eduard is bringing out a new 1/72 Me.110E for the summer and following it up with an Me.110G-4 in the fall. And here I thought 2012 would bring us 1/72 guys nothing of any real consequence... LOL

Here is a link to Eduard's online info mag.

Now, what do do with all my Italeri Me.110s...

Edited by Big Kohona

Well, patience does pay off. I was just over at the 72 scale forum and read that Eduard is bringing out a new 1/72 Me.110E for the summer and following it up with an Me.110G-4 in the fall. And here I thought 2012 would bring us 1/72 guys nothing of any real consequence... LOLHere is a link to Eduard's online info mag.

Plus a new 1/72 Tamiya Zero!

Perhaps this means I won't have to go through the pain of building my High Planes 110G-4 after all?

We shall see, as johnsan says, still waiting for the MiG-15 that was announced quite a while back.

While the recent Airfix kits are flawed (the nacelle fairing overlapping the flaps being most difficult to fix), IMO, it is currently the best available choice. Since deciding the Eduard kit is (was?) vaporware, I eventually went ahead and purchsed 2-3 of the Airfix kits ... ;)

The underside of Airfix's kit is flawed also, as are the tailplanes. Then there are those trenches and lack of cockpit detail.

I have one. I've filled and rescribe the panel lines, reshaped the tailplanes, cut back the upper nacelles, built up the lower nacelles, and have started detailing the interior. This has not been an enjoyable build. I'll not waste money on another Airfix 110.

I eagerly wait for either Dragon or Eduard to release their 110s. I'm just not going to celebrate until the kit is in hand.

Edited by johnsan

The underside of Airfix's kit is flawed also, as are the tailplanes. Then there are those trenches and lack of cockpit detail.

I have one. I've filled and rescribe the panel lines, reshaped the tailplanes, cut back the upper nacelles, built up the lower nacelles, and have started detailing the interior. This has not been an enjoyable build. I'll not waste money on another Airfix 110.

I eagerly wait for either Dragon or Eduard to release their 110s. I'm just not going to celebrate until the kit is in hand.

I know we share the same opinion of Eduard. The one thing I take pleasure in is that when they do a kit of something they have done in 48th they have corrected the problems they initially say don't exist but do a subsequent second release with corrected parts. Now we need to start sceaming P-39 at them!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, patience does pay off. I was just over at the 72 scale forum and read that Eduard is bringing out a new 1/72 Me.110E for the summer and following it up with an Me.110G-4 in the fall. And here I thought 2012 would bring us 1/72 guys nothing of any real consequence... LOL

Here is a link to Eduard's online info mag.

didn't know 1/72 scale WAS of any consequence 2db430cd.gif

OK, OK, just kidding a2699520.gif

I'm currently buildin' a 72 scale P-12, so I really like the scale too....