I decided this year that I would make up more 1:48 or 1:32 stuff (I usually make 1:72) and

not just build out of the box.

So, here is Italeri's 1:48 A-10 with their detail set.

I've had this kit since I returned to the hobby back in 2008, so it was time to get it out the loft and

make it.

IMG_9737-1.jpg

I will be building it as a 511th TFS/10th TFW, RAF Alconbury 1991 aircraft.

Here goes...

Deacon

Edited by Deacon
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent start! Love the hogs. Loadout plans?

BTW, four years in the stash is nothing. Many of mine are still waiting after 25 or more years.

Edited by bdt13

Thanks mate.

I know next to nothing about Hogs so any help on the load out would be great.

By the way, to the missus 4 years is a long time mate "I don't see why you are still buying stuff? You've got loads in the loft you

still haven't done!":whistle: :D

Deacon

Loadout: For 1991, you'll want a dual rail adapter for Sidewinders on one of the outer pylons (station 1 or 11), and an ECM pod on the opposite end pylon. This will likely be an AN/ALQ-119 or -131, but you'll need to check references for what this particular wing used. Stations 3 and 9 will probably have a single rail for Maverick, you can put training or live missiles on, or leave them empty. I don't think the triple LAU-88 launchers were much in use by then. Rest of the stations could be rockets, flares, 500 lb iron bombs, or cluster bombs. There are several discussions of this subject on ARC, I think a few may be in the other Warthog projects in this very GB. I'd suggest you have a look, then post a note with your final choice(s) in the aircraft modeling forum for group review if you have any doubts.

Good luck, and may the Ordies be with you! :thumbsup:

I could do with some help guys.

Here is a shot of the tub. You will see that the Italeri detail set is one colour, whilst you are told to

paint the tub another. Which is it? the dark grey, or the light?

IMG_9924.jpg

Cheers

Deacon

There should be some differentiate in the colors but I do think it should be darker than that. Give it a nice dark wash and see how that turns out. Mask over the PE if you don't want to get them all dirty.

The pe looks nice though.

Edit - Also I looked at my Hog (hehe) and you can't see much when closed up so u may want to leave it. Once the seat goes in and especially if u add a pilot there's not much visible.

Edited by Bigasshammm