Monogram A-6E TRAM 1/48

On 3/26/2021 at 3:13 AM, coneheadff said:

Fantastic work Elmo!!!!

Your work leaves me speechless each time...WOW!!!

+1

13 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

I don't know how you're able to create this, but it's just unbelievable!  I wish we could observe your methods while you work. Those look like real functioning landing gears.  

+1

Steve

coneheadff, as always, thank you very much for continuing to be a loyal follower of this build. I'm glad you like the updates even though they don't happen very often.

crackerjazz, thanks for your feedback. I really do put a lot of effort into replicating what I see in the reference material to the best of my ability so the end result is often worth the time spent.

A-10 LOADER, thanks for stopping by again; always nice to hear from you.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, utley said:

I dont even think my car has this level of detail...

Hello utely, yes, a lot of detail and looking back now over the course of many years, too much detail which is the reason I can't seem to finish this kit. 

I haven't touched this model in about 4 months as I needed a break but I plan on restarting on it this week. Hopefully the finish line is near.

Thanks for looking!

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, Acuity said:

We are waiting your update.................

Hello Acuity, thanks for reaching out. Model is still in progress; I have been working on the ejection seats (finally) and they're almost done. Also, finished up the 2nd fuel tank and the aerial refueling store, aka buddy pod. All tanks are painted/weathered and I'm actually quite satisfied with the weathering results considering it was my first time trying out the black basing technique and some other methods. I plan on adding a comprehensive update once the seats are finished up. However, I'll try and a couple of teaser shots now, if I'm able to actually upload them. Otherwise, expect an update in a few weeks. 

Thanks again for checking in.

-Elmo

TDI1wP6.jpg

D12asvH.jpg

1OmwdrP.jpg

Than you all for your replies, much appreciated. In the next few weeks I'll post something a bit more meaningful as I've made some good progress over the past few months. Ejection seats should be done soon although I'm not diggin the seat belts I've made so far and may have to come off. Been using Tamiya tape for the belts but it does not play friendly. May switch up to lead foil at the suggestion of my friend Cyrus who has had good results with it.

Cheers,

Elmo

More outstanding progress. I enlarged the ejection seat photos 4X (to about 1/12 scale) on my monitor…and they still look clean and super-detailed!

Amazing work Elmo.

Rich

Edited by RichB63

Thank you all for the generous feedback! Should have the seats done in the next couple of weeks. Like I mentioned earlier, not very happy with the belts I've completed so far as they lack realism. Hoping the lead foil method yields better results.

Cheers,

Elmo

Sir,

I have been watching this build it is amazing.  I love the realism.  I was a Marine for many years albeit in helicopters, but I have been around A-6E's and EA-6B's alike you have nailed this build!  Even the Grimes light hanging from the canopy is on the money!  Can not wait to see it with some paint on her!!

Good luck and God's speed on it!!  Thank you for sharing her with us!

Gunny Dan