Search term "not allowed"

I tried to do a search for "acrylic paint mr. color" on ARC... and I got the following error message:

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: color

SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!?

Would someone (preferrably a forum admin) please explain why a common word like "color" is not allowed to be searched for on this vast forum of information?

I do this:

1) www.google.com

2) enter your search term: acrylic paint "mr. color"

3) before clicking search, add this to the end of your search terms: site:arcforums.com

The search engine here sucks eggs. Google allows you much more versatility. For example: acrylic paint "mr. color" (without the quotes, it will search for Mr. and Color anywhere in the same page, but with the quotes they will have to be next to each other). The search engine here defaults to "OR". The page would contain Mr. OR Color, not necessarily both.

Edited by dmk0210

Stand down from those high-horses, men. It's got nothing to do with political correctness.

The word 'color' is excluded in the forum search engine because it's used within the HTML code of the site (which means, if enabled, a search for the word 'color' would return every single forum page ever created). Try searching for 'HTML' and 'Colour' - you'll soon see what I mean.

It's just shoddy design by whomever programmed the forum software.

Vince