So I want to get some CF decal sheets. Couple questions. (there was some discussion in one of these threads on CF sheets but I can't remember which one)

Anyway

1: where best to get them? I know Studio 27 does some and can get from Strada. Anywhere else?

2: I want variety of sizes and colors but all dark colors so what's the best? On Strada they have 3 sizes of Studio 27 metallic grey for 10$ a sheet then they have ST27-FP0019 Carbon Fiber Decal C (TWILL WEAVE) S but no picture. What does this look like? Also seems they have 3 sizes so I figure S=1/24 M=1/20 L=1/12?

3: Do these just come as one big sheet that you cut out what you need and use as a normal decal?

Thanks guys.

If you go to www.hiroboy.com on this page you will find a lot of CF decals:

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26_29

a search of the site will help.

Usually CF decal sheets come as just one sheet that you cut up as needed.

However, some sheets are available with templates for different vehicles (e.g., motorcycles) to cover the various parts of the bodywork. Those take the guesswork out of things alot.

HTH

Scalemotorsports is also good, and they have the templated stuff. I also have a sheet from Detail Master, it looks ok. If I remember right, the thread we were talking about CF in was one of the Lexus LFA threads (not mine)

You can get Scalemotorsports through Stradasports as well. And then you could pick up your steering linkage too! :rolleyes:

Scalemotorsports is also good, and they have the templated stuff. I also have a sheet from Detail Master, it looks ok. If I remember right, the thread we were talking about CF in was one of the Lexus LFA threads (not mine)

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=241868

As promised, here are the best photos I could get with my lighting:

Decal sheet in the back is from Detail Master (I would avoid, the pattern isn't very good)

The three in front are from left to right Scalemotorsports 1/20 Twill, 1/24 Twill, Studio 27 Carbon Decal "A"

I don't have the Studio 27 sheet in front of me and I can't remember what scale it is, but I think it is the 1/12 sheet, pt no. FP0004

The Scalemotorsports sheets are the older color, which they have toned down recently so the silver isn't as stark. To my eye though, the Studio 27 is the best looking pattern of the bunch, but it all depends on what you are trying to represent as there are many different patterns of CF in the real world.

-Dave

6681876695_d95ebf92bc_z.jpg

6681875579_7ee8fa3408_z.jpg

6681874803_d840930610_z.jpg

That ST27 A is definitely the best looking of the bunch. Now to see if they have in different sizes.

Thanks also Wayne. I should have just searched. I forgot it was actually titled CF decals and thought it was included in a car thread.

They do have it in different sizes, I've seen 1/20 and 1/24. They've got different style too, but I don't know what those ones look like. The best part about the Studio 27 stuff is that they are printed by Cartograf.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I prefer ScaleMotorsport CF plain, twill or any other weave. Check out their Hi-Definition CF similar to Studio27 carbon decal A in Dave's pics, only much nicer.

Not to mention their clear carbon fiber which is amazing.

Emil