1/48 Tamiya F-16 C-to-D Conversion

Hello, I am finally done with this build and am happy to share the studio pictures with you. This is a Turkish AF 152. Squadron F-16D. This squadron does not perform SEAD/DEAD missions, so the munition is not realistic (call it a show bird). The decals are the fantastic Caracal Decals. The C to D conversion was something I had never tried this before so it was a little difficult for me. I had a lot of fun though. I had been wanting to build a 152. squadron model for the longest time and finally managed to do it.

Progress posts

Hi-res studio photos

I believe I should have weathered it a little more with pastels and oils. Currently looks to clean and proper. As always, I am open to your critiques and opinions that I can learn from. I am very interested in those.

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5574.JPG

IMG_5573.JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

Edited by Janissary

Very nice, I like the patchwork of slightly different coloured panels. It shows attention to details. It´s one of the build I´ve been following closely on "In-Progress". Inspiring work indeed.

best regards

Erik G

Janissary,

I am simply awestruck, superb in every way, this can only be a “where’s Waldo†scenario to critique, only you know where the flaws are! I looks like you went to Turkey, parked the real McCoy over a large roll wall to wall carpeting in the hangar set up some extra lighting and took these photos, lol, but seriously, out-friggin-standing job Sir. <Salute>

DOC

Thank you very much everybody! I am glad you liked it. I really enjoyed the build mainly thanks to Tamiya's great engineering on this model. I am hoping to build 1/48 Hasegawa F-22 next. I hope that goes well.

Thanks again for for your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Burak, another one well done sir!!! I like the markings,and the weathering is spot on. I know one thing, my friend, your techniques have multiplied ten fold since we first met, and I sure am glad we dont compete against each other. Because I would lose every contest!!! :worship::worship::worship:

GREAT MODEL SIR!!!

Jack

Edited by Bugfan

Thank you all so very much everybody. I am glad that you liked it. I have to say, once again, that I have learned so much from Honza's builds over the last few years. Still I have lots of things to improve and new things to learn but his builds are a great inspiration.

Edited by Janissary
  • 2 weeks later...